Location: Within the country Kawempe
A Chief Miller manages the milling process for all types of grains overseeing activities such as handling of various milling machinery, maintenance of process parameters, an inspection of raw material and finished goods to achieve the desired quality and quantity of products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- A Chief Miller manages the milling process for all types of grains overseeing activities such as;
- Handling of various milling machinery,
- Maintenance of process parameters, an inspection of raw material, and finished goods to achieve the desired quality and quantity of products.
- Checking the product quality and extraction rate at regular intervals and maintain the necessary level of communication between shifts.
- Operation of the plant as per the given schedule with minimum downtime.
- Ensure compliance of operation processes with sanitation, safety, health, environmental standards and adherence to SOPs.
- Run the mill according to the instructions in line with the set standard of the organization.
- Planning and implementing maintenance schedule of Plantsifter sieve tensioners, Purifiers, Fluting scheme with rolls, Filters and other milling machines to avert undue breakdowns of machines.
- Implementing Flour Silos management including hygiene, fumigation etc.
- Establish rules and regulations in order to improve products quality and safety procedures.
- Ensure that the company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations
- Implement and improve company operation manual policies.
- Daily, weekly, monthly and annual control of the balance sheets of production and their follow-up.
- Responsible for the production and inventory figures given to the Finance department.
- Control of bags, additives, spare parts, fuel, water and tools inventory and stock.
- Maintain critical supervision especially at the packaging level at all times
Key skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Milling Technology, Food Processing, and manufacture.
- Minimum of year 5+ years experience as a Chief Miller.
- Profound knowledge on the fortification process in accordance to the micron of Uganda maize requirement of 355 μm
- Ability to monitor the consistency of Vitamin A units throughout the production as per standards of UNBS, ISO among others
- Experience in grain variety and analysis including the ability to interpret flour analyses relative to end product impact.
- Ability to operate an intake and pre-cleaning and extensive knowledge on conditioning and color sorting.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, calculate and handle pressure.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, precision, and accuracy above all an assertive attitude.
Job Application Procedure.
All interested applicants must send their detailed CVS, Profiles, and application letter through the Brightermonday Platform by clicking on the ' Apply Now ' Section