Are you a strategist, catalyst, Guardian and operator? Why not contribute largely to impacting the lives of numerous Ugandans as a Chief Legal Officer at clinicPesa.
Location: Soliz House, Lumumba Avenue Kampala Uganda.
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer.
The Chief Legal Officer will head the corporate legal department and is responsible for the legal affairs at clinicPesa. This role includes providing legal counsel to the board of directors, chairman of the board, chief executive officer and other senior management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Strategist - As a strategist, you will provide the senior executive team with legal guidance and clear legal strategy, that enables achievement of growth objectives and supports business strategy by;
• Building strong relationships with leadership teams and board members.
• Understanding the strategy and value creation levers for the business, and reflect them in your legal strategy.
• Serve as a trusted business adviser who proactively engages management and the board around strategic business issues.
• Anticipate and proactively develop a strategy to address changes in regulatory requirements and public policy.
· Catalyst –You will present a legal lens and the critical guidance needed to facilitate the executive leadership team’s ability to select the right path forward and set the tone at the top for the business by;
• Assessing whether business is carried out appropriately, developing the corporate risk profile and a strong companywide compliance framework.
• Empowering the legal team to serve as trusted business advisers who are sought out to proactively help the business develop solutions.
• Take the lead in building a strong corporate culture that is aligned with the company’s values around compliance and integrity.
• Challenge the status quo as a change agent.
• Drive client satisfaction and experience, with legal as a value-added service.
· Guardian- The foundational responsibility for the in-house Chief Legal Officer will be to guide legal and regulatory matters for clinicPesa, navigating complexity while mitigating risk by;
· Guarding corporate integrity and embodying tone at the top within the legal department.
· Understanding business and compliance risk.
· Maintaining clarity between the role of the board and management.
· Identifying and remediating exposure to business, compliance, brand and reputation risk.
· Manage governance approach on regulatory and legal issues.
· Operator - As an operator, you will focus optimizing the capabilities, talent, service levels, costs, and legal structure required to best serve clinicPesa by;
· Creating leadership development and succession plans for the legal function
· Developing and implementing key performance metrics for the clinicPesa and its outside counsel
· Identifying skill and subject matter expertise gaps, and developing plans to fill them; identifying and implementing technology solutions for the legal department
· Refining the legal operating model to increase effectiveness of legal services
· Developing accurate forecasting and reporting of legal spending
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold an Honor’s Bachelor of Laws Degree from a recognized Institution.
· Master of Laws Degree from a recognized Institution is an added advantage.
· A Diploma in Legal Practice (LDC).
· Valid practicing License.
· Applicants should have a minimum of 4 years working experience.
· Industrious and self-driven
· A team player
· Excellent communication skills
· A track record of high integrity
· Excellent analytical ability
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Very good tactical and strategic planning skills
· Age Limit: Below 35 years