As a Channel Development Manager, you will lead the channel development team (direct and indirect sales team in our school milk program)
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
CHANNEL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER -School Milk Program
As a Channel Development Manager, you will lead the channel development team (direct and indirect sales team in our school milk program). You will lead the execution of the School Milk Program (SMP) channel development strategy to drive best-in-class schools acquisition, onboarding, and retention. Your major responsibility will be to develop and implement the school's channel acquisition and retention strategy to enhance volume and revenue growth in line with the company’s market expansion.
Our client is a fast-growing Ugandan dairy company specializing in the production of pure, nutritious high-quality milk products. The Dairy Plant is located in the Mbarara district and is one of the largest Milk processing companies with a vast portfolio of milk products that have now spread out to different parts of the world; Kenya, South Sudan, Sudan, Ethiopia, UAE, and India.
Over time the company has worked with many partners, suppliers and farmers. With the collective aim of developing prosperous and robust communities as part of a long-term association with different stakeholders.
Our client offers safe products for consumption with the main goal of being the most preferred dairy brand in the world.
Duty station: Kampala
Reporting to: CCO
- Formulate and Implement a robust client acquisition and retention strategy for the school program.
- Maximize volume and revenue in Key accounts by utilizing a fact-based selling method to set daily, weekly and monthly targets to bring focus into the sales cycle.
- Plan monthly customers to target, communicate, and guide the sales team.
- Prioritize and review daily sales activities performed.
- Maintain and monitor, and regularly evaluate pricing and contracts with customers to provide products and services that meet standards of quality, timeliness, and cost.
- Implement action plans (e.g. make regular calls/visits, take orders, etc.) to achieve sales targets for assigned businesses/territories
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with the existing and newly generated accounts.
- Meet potential customers while ensuring clear and effective communication with the customers
- Manage distribution of dairy products to schools.
- Conduct market analysis and provide market intelligence to the team & top Management.
- 4-5 years experience in trade marketing and operations, at least 2 years of expertise in comparable channel marketing in schools.
- FMCG or Food industries background is a must
- Demonstrate strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Good presentation skills.
- Flexible, and able to quickly adapt to new situations.
- Self-motivated team player that can exceed goals and revenue expectations.
- Abel to lead a team.
- Able to travel frequently.
- Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus, productivity, and meeting Deadlines.
Critical skills required
- you need to have a quick and strong ability to understand different business models of the potential buyers you will interface with and be able to create, implement, and execute business strategies that should end up with a unique value proposition to generate profitability
- You need to be a people person and be able to create a social connection when you meet potential buyers so a to create a basis to influence, close deals, keep a good reputation, and sustain commercial relationships.
- You have to be ready to address any unexpected issues and be proactive. Get creative and be ready to come up with innovative ideas. Thinking outside the box. You have to adopt this approach in specific delicate situations and develop new business models or ways of handling matters.
- Have the ability to prioritize, delegate, create strategic planning, and be great at problem-solving. This will be ideal for setting priorities that are aligned with your goals but also support internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have to keep a high level of energy, positivity, and a goal-oriented attitude.
How to apply.
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.