Cash and Voucher Programme Data Specialist
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Support stakeholder engagement processes on the roll-out of CASH and Voucher Activity in partnership with FAO service providers.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Under the direct supervision of the Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
• Support stakeholder engagement processes on the roll-out of CASH and Voucher Activity in partnership with FAO service providers.
• Provide technical assistance (as needed) to FAO implementing partners (NGOs, private sector, etc.) on the roll-out of CASH and Voucher Activity through routine monitoring of partner activities in the refugee response programme and other programmes, as required.
• When needed, represent FAO in the Cash Technical Working Group under the refugee response and other relevant forum and discussions to facilitate learning, information sharing, alignment to national standards and approaches.
• Work with the Office of Emergency and Resilience (OER) teams located in Rome and Nairobi to facilitate the deployment of the Identification Delivery and Empowerment Application (IDEA) tools in Uganda.
• Document bugs occurring within the Identification Delivery and Empowerment Application (IDEA), including server and mobile applications, steps to reproduce the bugs, and forward these bug reports to immediate supervisor and Office of Emergency and Resilience MIS unit for resolution.
• Provide remote and in person technical support to Implementing Partners, Traders, Mobile Money Operators and Money Vendors when they encounter challenges while using the system during project implementation.
• Provide technical support to FAO Uganda staff and partners as they utilize the system and associated applications.
• Configure mobile phones for data collection with KOBO before the commencement of implementations.
• Configure KOBO server forms with relevant data collection tools and project data.
• Extract collected data in relevant formats to present to relevant stakeholders for analysis and up-load to the Identification Delivery and Empowerment Application to facilitate assistance (cash, voucher) disbursement.
• Conduct trainings for Implementing Partner data clerks that utilize FAO Uganda Tools for beneficiary registrations when required.
• Conduct trainings for FAO Uganda staff utilizing FAO Uganda tools during project implementation.
• Prepare documents, presentations, and videos to complement trainings and ease on boarding of new system users (both for Implementing Partners and for FAO Uganda Staff).
• Translate documents, presentations, and videos to local languages, as may be required.
• Perform any other duty as required.
• Beneficiaries’ personal Data protection and support to recover beneficiaries lost PINs.
• Conduct field visits to monitor effective use of the mobile phones by retailers.
• In consultation with the CASH and Voucher Activity Specialist, support the M&E Department to establish CASH and Voucher Activity specific methodologies and tools for regular assessment (e.g., market, feasibility) and surveys; data collection; and monitoring and reporting (e.g., post-distribution monitoring, dashboards, guidelines aligned to SMART indicators, etc.) to assess performance and inform programmatic decisions.
• In coordination with the CASH and Voucher Activity Specialist, collaborate with FAO seed experts to assess the capacity of sub-regional seed markets/commercial hubs in Uganda based on Seed Security Assessment results, to assess the technical and operational feasibility of Cash- and/or Voucher-based activities to support agricultural interventions, and to establish monitoring tools for potential CASH and Voucher Activity.
• Support the development of SOPs for FAO Uganda CASH and Voucher Activity in emergency and development contexts with alignment to, both, the humanitarian principles of ‘Do No Harm’ and ‘Leave No One Behind’, and the UN Code of Ethics and Conduct; building from good practices from the sector; ensuring high operational standards and compliance with FAO corporate rules and procedures (including Manual Section 702 on Cash Transfers).
• Support the integration of cash transfer modalities in other ongoing activities.
• Support, in coordination with the Procurement Unit and the CASH and Voucher Activity Consultant, the development of contractual arrangements with FAO’s implementing partners and service providers, including Financial Service Providers, where CASH and Voucher Activity will be used.
• 5 years of experience in supporting end users on usage of IT software systems.
• Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange, etc.), accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
• Experience in using Trello to file bug reports and in designing, deploying and collecting data using Kobo Toolbox and related technologies.
• Experience in advanced configuration of Android phones and tablets.
• Experience working in an environment involving provision of remote technical assistance.
• Coordination skills (communication) and ability to technically support on IT needs across different thematic areas.
• Extent and relevance of experience with international or multi-lateral organizations, preferably FAO, and/or with government is an added advantage.
• Experience using multi-wallet Near-field communication (NFC) cards is an added ad-vantage.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Writing and communication skills.
Area(s) of expertise
• Information technology
• Driving license
• English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in software engineering, computer science or related fields with solid foundation in application development
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and Flexibility
• Building Trust
• Client Orientation
• Commitment and Motivation
• Commitment to Continuous Learning
• Empowering Others
• Ethics and Values
• Judgement and Decision-making
• Knowledge Sharing
• Managing Performance
• Planning and Organizing
• Respect for Diversity
• Technological Awareness
• Working in Teams
How to Apply:
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.