Our client is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, company Logistics, and a payment system. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. The company Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners.
The company payment system facilitates the payments of online transactions for the company’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, the company believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, our client is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Our client is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. The company offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Our client is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. our client offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
• Manage the lead generation, conversion, and delivery process for new and existing B2B clients (“end-to-end management”)
• Establish personal contact and rapport with decision-makers and procurement leaders
• Develop and execute client retention programs and marketing initiatives
• Collaborate with marketing, commercial, and logistics teams to ensure the company’s value proposition is featured accurately in client interactions (including company Logistics, company Advertising)
• Report on sales progress against targets and lead execution
• Active involvement in the development of functional practice (e.g. sharing best-practices with regional counterparts)
Requirements & Qualification:
• A completed degree from an accredited university
• Strong knowledge base of the local procurement practices
• Proven experience in prospecting and developing new business
• Strong sales background and capability
• Commercial knowledge of electronics and FMCG market preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft/Google Office Suite
• A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
• A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African eCommerce sector
• The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
• An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders