Success Africa is a leading Human Resource and Organizational Development (OD) Consultancy firm seeking to recruit on behalf of our client a leading 4-Star Hotel based in Kampala. Our client is looking to engage the services of a suitable individual in the position of Business Development Manager (BDM). The job incumbent will be a member of the Senior Management Team reporting directly to The General Manager. The position will attract a salary commensurate with one’s qualifications and experience. Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Would you consider yourself creative and innovative? Are you passionate about developing new and competitive products? Do you enjoy sales & take pride in marketing? Do you have the knack to spot and close business opportunities? Are you a self-driven confident go-getter? Read on....this job could be just for you!
The BDM will provide strategic leadership and management of the Sales & Marketing function, and oversee all revenue generation activities at the hotel enhancing its image and public profile. The BDM will champion the identification and pursuit of business leads attracting new clients and growing the hotel client base locally, regionally and internationally so as to maximize its profit potential in alignment with the approved Strategic and Marketing plans.
In addition to the Key Result Areas (KRAs) below the BDM will also also be expected to predict any changes in the business landscape and propose strategies to strengthen the hotel’s long term operations.
KEY RESULT AREAS (KRA) INCLUDE:
Sales and marketing
· Develop proactive and versatile sales and marketing plan, and activities
· Customer attraction and retention locally, regionally and internationally
· Set up and maintain client database
· Conduct market analysis and surveys
· Promote high-quality Customer Service and Relations & standards
· Prepare and draw up business contracts for the hotel
· Network and meet clients and manage related correspondence
· Build and increase brand awareness
· Develop and popularise the hotel product and service profiles/specs
· Participate in the updating and monitoring of the hotel website and customer engagement portal
· Recruit, train, motivate, set and monitor sales quotas for the Sales Executives
· Provide and monitor guide for client relations
· Carry out performance reviews for the sales team
· Promote the values and norms of the hotel
· Achieve/exceed sales & marketing targets
· Champion and monitor optimal use of operating resources in the department
· Write and present sales reports on a weekly / monthly basis to the General Manager.
Safety and Security
· Promote a healthy & safe environment for guests and team members
· Masters Degree in Sales and Marketing related field
· Bachelors degree in Sales and Marketing or Business field is a MUST
· At least 5 (five) year’s experience working as part of a hotel in a senior position and as part of a service sales team a must
· Experience leading a service sales team in a highly competitive fast-paced market highly desirable
· Qualification in CIM is desirable
· Polished personal presentation with warm, confident and hospitable personality.
· Strong leadership, administrative and organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task, conduct work prioritisation & target setting
· Proactive creative and innovative approach to issues
· Strong data collection and analytical skills
· Strong problem solving & judgemental skills
· Good proposal and report writing skills.
· Proficiency in basic computer packages.
· Strong planning & organization skill capabilities
· Unassailable integrity and commitment to high ethical conduct & confidentiality
· Extensive knowledge of forecasting sales and interpreting/analyzing results to plan and conducting a budgetary analysis.
· Strong Communication, influencing capability & Interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well with multicultural teams, create & nurture strong client networks
· Must be a self-motivated and reliable person who can work with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translating these into sales solutions.
· Methodical, organized mind with great attention to detail
· Monitor, analyse and translate market surveys & customer reviews
· Must have a good grounding in digital and online marketing skills
· Always keen to identify new markets, trends and quickly deploy effective means to maximize opportunities.
“Could it be you we are looking for?”
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and forward-looking organization, submit your application letter and CV only on firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on 07/08/2020. Your application letter must carry the reference number: BDM/01/20. Document size limit: 2MBs
In your application, highlight your leadership experience from childhood to date. If you speak a second international language and/or good with a musical instrument, it would be an added advantage worth highlighting too
Any form of canvassing will lead to the disqualification of your application. Hand-delivered or late applications will not be accepted.