The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying and developing strategic business relationships with group purchasing organizations (GPOs) and other potential customers, working closely with the Chief Marketing Officer. As the Business Development Manager, you will take the lead in the development of new business opportunities that supports Craneware’s overall growth strategy. We are seeking someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for sales, and a proven track record of success, who takes a hands-on approach to build business opportunities. In this key position, you will work closely with marketing, sales, and product management teams to achieve established sales goals and implement business development initiatives that maximize and grow the Craneware footprint and generate bottom-line revenue for the company. This position reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop new business opportunities with GPOs and other potential customers at all stages of the sales cycle to include targeting, prospecting, and presenting compelling business propositions.
- Work effectively with C-Level decision-makers, i.e., CFO, CTO, VPs, and Directors, to develop long-term strategic relationships.
- Prepare and present powerful, persuasive sales presentations that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of Craneware products solutions.
- Develop and maintain a robust deal pipeline toward targeted entities to continuously grow the business and generate sales.
- Effectively manage large-scale, complex contracts negotiations and close new business deals with GPOs and other potential customers, working closely with the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Collaborate with professional services and other support teams to ensure successful implementations.
- Maintain consistent sales growth by continuously establishing new accounts and maintaining existing accounts.
- Develop and execute a strategic business plan that meets or exceeds established sales goals and supports Company revenue and profitability targets.
- Attend conferences and professional association meetings and promote Craneware product solutions and brand.
- Prepare and give business reviews and presentations to the senior management team on a monthly basis.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
Destination & Compass – Has written business goals, has written strategic plan, writes compelling SMART goals and is committed to them, knows what must be done and why has a developed action plan and follow the action plan, has determined possible obstacles, and has a plan to deal with the obstacles, has checkpoints and debriefs daily, and continuously monitors performance in sales closures.
Outlook – Believes in self, company, and marketplace and is passionate about learning and growing. Takes responsibility for own success, doesn’t externalize, accepts challenges, does not take “no” as a failure, but as an opportunity to succeed.
Communication –Creates and sustains ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication opportunities; demonstrates and promotes positive prospect, client, and work relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes; works to achieve constructive resolution.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Response well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Character - Demonstrates unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others; Consistently models desired behaviors and values established by the company; Respects diversity of perspective in discussions and demonstrates an inclusive style; Demonstrates concerns for job safety for self and others.
Sales Acumen - Doesn’t take things personally, knows what to say or do at the appropriate time; Is cool under pressure and is prepared for whatever the prospect or client does or says; Doesn’t strategize "on the fly", doesn't over-analyze, and stays in the moment; Asks thoughtful questions, displays effective listening, demonstrates product value; Is tenacious, maintains continuous contact with prospects and clients to establish need(s); Demonstrates effectiveness in linking product features/benefits to prospect or client needs.
Results Orientation – Makes fact-based decisions and follows through to completion, analyses and uses data to achieve sales goals, drives execution, initiates action and follow-ups to successful completion, effectively demonstrates how solutions will solve prospects or client’s problem(s), continuously conducts post-call debriefs and performs pre-call strategies.
Collaboration - Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, prospects, and people at all levels across the company. Contributes to team and company success. Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information with a candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
Administrative Management - Continuously manages administrative functions to ensure quality and timeliness, manages accurate and timely sales activity and performance reports, analyses report data to project trends and build forecasts, maintains accurate and complete prospect and client database.
- B.A., Business, Finance, Accounting or other related field or equivalent work experience;
- MBA preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years healthcare IT sales experience, with at least 3 years revenue cycle experience. Revenue integrity solutions preferred
- Demonstrated understanding and application of complex sales techniques and track record creating, negotiating, and closing multi-million dollar large-scale deals
- Experience working with GPOs and other large organizations
- Proven ability to develop long term strategic relationships with C-Level decision-makers
- Demonstrated effectiveness in prospecting and developing new business
- Demonstrated ability to define and operationalize sales
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines; detail-oriented
- Ability to work effectively in a home-based environment
- Ability to travel moderately within assigned territory (25-50%).
All applications will be received and reviewed through the Brightermonday portal by clicking on the ' Apply Now ' section