Business Analyst (Community)
Software & Data
Working across multiple external customers to analyse needs, define strategic goals and align them to the product roadmap.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team = the best team.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™.
What's in it for you? Our mission is to create freelance jobs with more benefits than permanent.
Want to know more? read: https://www.distributed.com/about/
Elastic Team Developer Exclusively joining our Community
As a Distributed Elastic Team Developer, you will gain access to the opportunity to be part of our projects delivering high-quality products.
If approved to join our community by qualifying through the assessment process, you will automatically be one of the individuals who could be considered for exciting customer-centric projects that we are currently engaged in for our clients.
Once on a project you will be working closely with teams of engineers, QAs, and designers, producing detailed specifications and writing the programme codes, testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live.
We're proud to have Enterprise companies like Capita and BT, BBC, NHS, Virgin, Money, BP, Master Card, Tesco and Suzuki select us for delivering user-centric products.
Our mission as an organization is to provide our community with access to the most exciting tech projects and to build a freelance career with us as we continue to scale as an organisation.
We're creating this opportunity for talents to be able to join our Elastic Team, and then later be moved to a project when the matching projects become live.
- Working across multiple external customers to analyse needs, define strategic goals and align them to the product roadmap.
- Develop, scope and define backlog items (epics/features/user stories) that guide the Agile software development team.
- Work with stakeholders to create and define problem statements leading to root cause analysis.
- Create and gather requirements from stakeholders, ensuring documentation is complete, understandable, and unambiguous.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Backlog and user story creation with the ability to write user stories for different skill sets, e.g. UX/UI and coders.
- Ability to work across several squads to fulfil the BA role - when and where most needed
- Increase an understanding of Agile practices, Lean Startup, new technologies opportunities and other new trends.
- Significant experience as a Business Analyst, with experience of both startups and enterprise clients.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- Extensive experience working with multi-skilled, cross-functional engineer teams, preferably as part of a professional services team.
- Proven track record of working with technical teams to deliver products to delight users.
- User story creation with Gherkin Acceptance Criteria.
- JIRA, Confluence, Slack.
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.