Genius Hub is a recruitment firm that specializes in talent search and placement of highly skilled individuals we are looking for a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual for our client as a School Bursar.
Our client is a Primary School looking for a self-motivated and results-driven qualified school Bursar with experience in the same field.
The school Bursar will oversee the administrative and financial functions within the school. The main duties and responsibilities of the school Bursar will include the following;
• Prepare annual costing projections and assist the finance committee of the Board of Directors with the preparation of the periodic budgets for approval by the board;
• Prepare financial reports for the school in compliance with the Accounting and Auditing principals and school’s financial manual;
• Monitor and control spending and advise the senior management team on budget planning and spending so as to ensure the legitimate and appropriate use of school funds;
• Pay invoices and address all queries related to payments;
• Manage petty cash system;
• Manage the process of receipting, recording, and reconciliation of all monies from students, (e.g. school fees, payments of uniforms, school trips, activities week, and all department income)
• to be a focal point for an effective streamlined cash collection process.
• Enable school to pay taxes in a timely manner and provide advice to achieve tax efficiency; ∙ Collect fees, reconcile payments and bank statements;
• Make payments of salaries and keep track of debtors and creditors;
• Submit cash flow statements on the school’s activities as required;
• Ensure and supervise the preparation of monthly trial balances, annual accounts, balance sheet and the annual recurrent budgets in line with the standards reporting guidelines;
• Head, coordinate, plan, and supervise staff activities in the finance section including stores operation; ∙Conduct cost and productivity analyses;
• Attend school management meetings and contribute at a strategic level with regard to financial planning, resources, staffing, personnel, systems, marketing, and site management;
• Coordinate external audit services;
• Manage and support future development of the school;
• To administer on a day to day delegated budgets to enable the senior management committee to be aware of the school’s current financial position and the extent to which development and other planning is “on target”
• To assist in the development and implementation of effective administrative, clerical support service, and financial procedures within the school, to ensure that all the procedures are carried out accurately, effectively, and efficiently.
• To efficiently manage school lettings/renting, in accordance with school policies and procedures.
• Time management;
• Analytical skills;
• Ability to work under minimum supervision;
• Strong interpersonal skills and collaboration;
• Good leadership, general management, and problem-solving skills; and
• Good written communication skills and strong verbal skills;
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Studies/Administration or any Business related field from a recognized Institution with specialization in Accounting;
• Any additional qualification will be an added advantage;
• A minimum of three years professional experience in a similar field;
• Computer literacy; and
• Any additional professional-related qualification will be an added advantage.
Interested applicants should send their applications, CVs, and academic documents in one pdf through BrighterMonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section not later than 15th May 2021 for the attention of the Recruitment Director.