Security Clearance Required
: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Eight-Qualities-of-Overseas-Employees.pdf
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Uganda is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Budget Analyst.
The work schedule for this position is:Full Time, 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Under the direct supervision of the Financial Specialist, the incumbent oversees multiple post budgets and will be responsible for budget formulation in conformance with approved guidelines, budget monitoring and reporting as well as response to data calls. Performing research and computations necessary to establish cost and expense levels for financial plans and provide justifications for the same. Ensuring that obligations and expenditures are in accordance with the budget. Advise agencies through the Financial Management Officer on variations in the budget and recommend alternatives and options in order to ensure that there is adequate funding for the various programs. Ability to forecast and project expenditure and advise agencies on adequacy of available funding and need for reprogramming. Report preparation for assigned agencies and the Financial Management Officer.
Download: Detailed Position Description | PD Budget analyst
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION : A University degree in either of the following: Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, Social Sciences, Arts, Education, Social Work and Social Administration, Law, Commerce, Finance, Ethics and Development are required.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in financial management and budgeting with a computerized system, or cashiering is required.
Evaluations: (This may be tested)
LANGUAGE: Â English level IV (Fluent) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to relate funds management with mission, programs and projects at post. Must be able to understand budget management and implications of changes of priorities. Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills and ability to articulate complex issues both orally and written is required.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (âCertificate of Release or Discharge from Active Dutyâ), equivalent documentation, or certification. A âcertificationâ is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active-duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.