The Branch Manager is directly responsible for overseeing all the daily operations of the branch in line with Elegance’s institutional policies and procedures.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Position Location: Central and Northern Uganda
No. of Positions: 2
Eleglance Finance Limited is a privately owned microfinance institution dedicated to delivering benefits of financial services tailored to individuals, groups and SMEs that find it challenging to access services from mainstream banks. Our investment goes beyond providing capital but creating innovative solutions tailored towards the financial needs of a growing private equity. We opened doors in May 2012 and have since then expanded to several branches with our headquarters in Entebbe.
- Position reports to: Regional Manager
- Direct reports: Credit Officers and Branch Accountants
The Position works closely with the Managing Director, Regional Managers, and the Credit Officers to ensure the growth of the Company and its Clients.
The Branch Manager is directly responsible for overseeing all the daily operations of the branch in-line with Elegance’s institutional policies and procedures. S/He will plan, coordinate, and manage the business growth and development of the branch by supervising and monitoring performance of staff in line with the strategic plan. S/He acts as the primary contact for all loan processing and problem resolution with regards to payments etc. He acts as the company’s primary focal point for managing and controlling the company’s interests and operational risks in the delivery of the entire company’s loan portfolio.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Trains individual credit officers on the credit policies and procedures.
- Carries out performance review of credit officers ensuring that they are appraised based on SMART objectives.
- Ensures effective performance management and disciplinary actions, when necessary.
- Coaches and mentors credit officers.
- Encourages teamwork and the sharing of best practices amongst all credit officers.
- Holds regular reporting and planning meetings with individual credit officers.
- Promotes company values and sets a personal example to individual credit officers.
- Evaluates, monitors and controls performance of individual loans against agreed performance standards and targets and takes corrective action on reported delinquent accounts.
- Support the credit officers in debt collection.
- Motivate and continuously build capacity of branch staff for increased productivity.
- Prepares individual loan operations updates on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and analyses reports vis-à-vis performance targets.
- alidates information received from individual credit officers regarding default payments, business activity and other issues that may arise during the client and field visits.
Business Growth and Loan Recovery
- Communicates credit policies and procedures and objective standards and parameters for individual loans to credit officers.
- Communicates clear guidelines and procedures including pre-loan eligibility requirements, client screening, collateral, product design, loan approval accountability and authority levels, repayment terms and incentives, delinquency, and default management.
- Monitors individual loan processes and administration activities ensuring compliance to policy guidelines including adequacy and security of collateral.
- Recommends approval of loans and ensures that the appropriate amount is recommended for re-loans.
- Ensures that approved loans are processed and released on the agreed date.
- Reviews pre-qualification assessment reports prepared by individual credit officers.
- Interviews clients prior to release of loans to ensure that they are fully aware of their responsibilities.
- Reviews collection report per individual credit officer taking note of delinquent payments and ensuring that corrective action is taken
- Assists management in developing and implementing an expansion and market penetration program including new products and expansion into new areas, and in identifying new business opportunities.
- Actively promote bank products and services to potential clients.
- Ensures that clients receive quality products and services through regular client interface, dealing with them with respect and integrity.
- Fosters the importance of long-term relationships among the team.
- Contributes to the overall profitability of the company by implementing cost controls, marketing and income generation efforts, and monitoring expenses to ensure compliance to budget.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of the microfinance industry, economy, market conditions, competition, and relationships with other banks and financial institutions.
- Establish good customer service at the branch level.
- Timely compiling of branch quarterly/monthly portfolio reports and other reports, and submitting them to head office.
- Prepare periodic work plans and budgets for the assigned branch.
- Maintain a health loan portfolio by following standard business operating procedures and guidelines.
- Update the loan management database to ensure proper loan records are kept.
- Plan and coordinate branch office activities in line with ELEGLANCE FINANCE’s growth objectives.
- Monitor the daily banking activities i.e. account opening and back office operations among others in line with banking policies and procedures.
- Manage and supervise the human resources of the Branch and maintain high levels of staff productivity and EFL’s customer services.
- Supervise the effective implementation of internal controls in line with EFL set policies and procedures.
- Prepare periodic performance reports as per the reporting schedule of the Branch activities on a monthly, and weekly basis.
Key Performance Indicators
- Please refer to the accompanying Performance Agreement form/Scorecard
Education & Certifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, Economics, Microfinance, Development Economics or any other relevant business-related course from a reputable university.
- A Postgraduate in credit management is an added advantage.
- Essential Knowledge and Experience
- At least 3 years ‘and above working experience in credit administration. Preferably in a managerial position.
- Candidates must be knowledgeable in computer applications especially MS Office and should be aged between 30 – 35 years of age.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft excel for data entry and analysis is essential and mandatory.
- Must be able to ride a motorcycle and should possess a valid riding license.
- Knowledge of Microsoft excel for data entry and analysis is essential and mandatory.
- Familiarity with industry’s rules and regulations
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Should be fluent in the commonly used local languages
- Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behaviour.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Good decision-making abilities.
Other Required Skills & Competencies:
- Should be honest, well organized, results oriented and reliable.
- Should be a team player and a self-starter.
- Should be self-motivated, innovative with a passion to achieve steep targets.
- Should possess a strong personality and dynamism.
- Should be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Should demonstrate commercial awareness and ability to manage costs and maximize income for the organization.
- Should have ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with the clients and other staff.
- Ability to meet sales targets and production goals
How to apply:
All suitably qualifying candidates should send their application and Updated CV together with copies of certified academic and professional certificates, current salary, salary expectations, names of 3 referees, and daytime telephone contact (saved as one PDF document) to through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here ' section before 30th November 2023.
Please note that the recruitment is ongoing as applications come in.
EFL is an equal opportunity employer with no consideration Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that canvassing and lobbying will lead to automatic disqualiﬁcation of the candidate. Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.