Watu Credit is a dynamic fast growing non-bank finance company that harnesses technology to offer both secured and unsecured lending primarily via mobile services. Watu Credit aims to become the leading East African provider of a broad set of inclusive financial products, delivered through technology in a fast, efficient and professional manner. The Company commenced its business operations in 2015 in Kenya, further expanding to Uganda in 2019, with the clear vision to be the best in class provider for short and medium term loan products tailored to the exact needs of target customers and delivered through mobile technology.
To manage the rapid growth, we are looking for dynamic and hardworking individual to join our teams in Masaka as a Branch Manager.
- Oversee the delivery of quality services at the Branch in line with the set standards, policies, procedures and processes.
- Representing Watu Credit and implementing the Company’s business development plan in the assigned geographical area within the assigned mandate.
- Maintaining Watu Credit service standards in serving the Company’s existing customers as well as in attracting new customers and expanding customer base.
- Carrying out the Company’s and /or product marketing and information campaigns in liaison with the head-office.
- Providing strong leadership for sales team assigned to his Branch/Unit to ensure the achievement of sales targets and expense control.
- Allocate work and supervise staff to ensure smooth operations and service delivery at the Branch level.
- Communicating the expectation levels and vision of the Company to members of Branch in line to the company’s corporate vision and goals.
- Prepare periodical reports on Branch progress such as revenue/sales, clients’ numbers and marketing activities.
- Participating in regular Performance Appraisals of the Branch/Unit members in line with company’s performance appraisal system.
- Ensuring proper and timely loan request processing, acquiring necessary documentation and ensuring asset proper release (including but not limited to tracking installation and asset insurance).
- Maintaining a record of client’s lifecycle from onboarding, payment schedules to final closure and issuance of logbook.
- Maintaining business relationship with local dealerships/partners, tracking and insurance companies, regional boda-boda associations, if applicable.
- Ensure constant follow-up and closure of all insurance related claims.
- Ensure that the Branch petty cash is well utilized and all expenses approved by the designated Head of Department.
- Custodian of all Branch resources and ensure that they are properly utilized.
- Carrying out customer satisfaction surveys to help in identifying process and/or product improvement areas.
- Taking lead on loan collection and recovery processes for the assigned geographical area.
- Proposing process, procedure and cost-efficiency improvements within the Branch in liaison with the Head of Department.
- Ensuring harmonious working environment in the assigned Branch.
- Ensure timely renewal and acquisition of Branch licenses and permits.
- Ensure timely payments of Branch bills such as water and electricity with proper approvals.
- Performing any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
- Min 2 years experience in Micro-Finance /Banking industry. Experience in boda-boda industry is an advantage.
- Ability to lead through influence and good organizational skills.
- High attention to detail and internal quality control.
- Excellent communication skills – public speaking, presentation and written communication.
- Experience conducting performance appraisals an organization with diverse business operations.
- Good PC skills.
- Fluent English and Luganda in verbal and writing (Western regional languages an added advantage).
WE ARE OFFERING
- Dynamic, challenging, performance focused environment.
- Multicultural, supportive and friendly team.
- Competitive salary.
- Training facilitation and prospective career growth.
- Other benefits associated with the position.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit Cover Letter, detailed CV, stating earliest start date and salary expectations to our email email@example.com