Bookkeepers have the opportunity to work on dozens of different companies. Each week you will complete on average 2 clients.
Tasks for each client include:
* Review past client documents to understand their business and the different types of transactions
* Understand how to classify transactions according to the client's Chart of Accounts
* Assign Chart of Account codes to every transaction on the bank statements, investments, credit card statements.
* Enter each transaction into accounting software: Caseware, Quick Books Online and Sage 50 are the most common.
* Create Excel files to summarise other information provided by the client
* Reconcile and provide support for all Balance Sheet accounts (banks, credit cards, investments)
* Thoroughly check your own work
* Review other bookkeepers’ work for accuracy and completeness
* Work as a team with international accounting staff through email, phone and skype
* Meet deadlines as set by the Accounts Manager for each client
* Other tasks as may be prescribed
Skills and Experience and Education Required:
The Bookkeeper will, at a minimum have:
· A bachelor’s degree in accounting
· Level 2 of the ACCA or CPA certification
· A minimum of 2 years FULL TIME accounting experience. Preference given to audit experience
· Excellent computer skills – emphasis on Microsoft Excel, bookkeeping packages (in particular QuickBooks). Preference will be given to those with experience in audit software - Caseware.
· Keyboarding skills - minimum 30 words per minute
· Accounting skills: Easily identify correct debits and credits for common transactions, expertise in reconciliations of accounting records to external statements (banks, credit cards, investments)
The candidate will possess:
· Excellent English communication skills - both verbal and written
· Demonstrated experience to work quickly and perform well under pressure
· Qualities that reflect a passionate, hard-working, energetic, punctual individual who exhibits excellence and professionalism at all times
· The ability to pay attention to detail as well as understand the big picture
· A commitment toward continuous improvement and learning
· Willingness to be flexible with work hours to meet client deadlines and interactions with international clients in different time zones
4 month probationary salary - 800,000 gross / month + meals and transportation stipend. Increase to 1,000,000 gross following successful probation.
Benefits for permanent employees also include health insurance and professional development fees.