The Book Keeper will maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts and posting transactions while providing support to the Head of Finance on all accounting related matters.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
Position: Book Keeper
Amatheon Agri is a German farming and trading company with operations in 3 sub-Saharan African countries with its headquarters in Berlin, Germany, and a country office in Nwoya district.
The Book Keeper will maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts and posting transactions while providing support to the Head of Finance on all accounting-related matters.
- Ensuring transactions and journals are posted in SAGE Evolution accounting system accurately and timely.
- Make statutory returns and ensures compliance to set deadlines for PAYE, WHT, and VAT
- Carry out reconciliation of bank accounts and general ledger
- Process supplier invoices and ensure suppliers' ledgers are up-to-date and accurate
- Ensure petty cash transactions entered in SAGE are accurate and in compliance to internal procedures
- Carry out monthly stock take and reconciliation of stock ledger
- Process sales orders and ensure monthly sales are correctly booked in the accounting system
- Work with the Farming module
- Verify payments for temporary/seasonal workers before EFTs are made
- Coordinate the welfare budgets with the Administrative Assistant
- The position is mid-level and reports to the Head of Finance
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, or its equivalent.
- A recognized professional accounting/ finance qualification such as CPA is an advantage
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Proficiency in Ms. Excel and accounting packages e.g Sage Pastel Evolution
- 2-3 years’ hands-on experience in a busy and reputable organization
- Good Verbal and written communication
- Willingness to settle upcountry
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Submission deadline is Friday, 9th June 2022 at 5 pm. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only applicants who complete the online assessment will be considered.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.