We get millions of visitors per month on our website and have hundreds of thousands of people on our email list. Our goal is to create genuinely helpful content on a massive variety of language learning topics—everything from vocabulary and grammar lessons to fun movies and pop music from around the world.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
[Long Term, Big Impact] Seeking Editors for Language Learning Blogs
Role: Blog Editor
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate
Location: Anywhere, remote
Employment Type: Part time or full time (minimum 25 hours/week, 30+ preferred)
Do you want your editing to make an impact on a huge audience?
Do you want to contribute to blog content that’s meant to educate and inspire?
Would you like to be part of a team of top-notch writers and editors?
Join FluentU’s blog team as an editor!
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a popular website, iOS app and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
We get millions of visitors per month on our website and have hundreds of thousands of people on our email list. Our goal is to create genuinely helpful content on an massive variety of language learning topics—everything from vocabulary and grammar lessons to fun movies and pop music from around the world.
This is a great opportunity to learn how to become an editor if it’s a new role you’re trying to break into—we’ll teach you the ins and outs of our very successful content strategy.
We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. Here’s a little bit more about how we work:
- Your workday is flexible—you decide where and when you work (as long as you get everything done on time!)
- Most of our communication is text-based
- We believe in continuous improvement and are constantly looking for better ways to get things done: Opinions and input are always welcome and encouraged
- We offer constructive feedback and opportunities for growth to every team member
As a FluentU blog editor, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your skills by:
1. editing our published content to meet all our current guidelines and employ best practices.
- We have published a massive amount of content over the years, and our strategies are constantly evolving. FluentU editors are primarily focused on making sure every single blog post is the best it can possibly be by our current standards.
2. copyediting and proofreading blog content so it meets all our style and content standards
- The FluentU style/content standards and “best practices” guide will be your go-to documentation—they cover everything from how to use Oxford commas, how to format a post well, to how to teach languages effectively via blog content. You’ll need to be able to digest our guides and implement them to. the. letter.
You might be a great fit for our blog editor role if you:
- You ideally have some professional experience with at least one of the following—or you demonstrate a very strong desire to learn: Editing, writing, SEO, research, or digital marketing.
- (Preferred) Have experience with blog editing. Experience with academic editing, technical content editing, fiction editing, news editing, doesn’t necessarily translate to blog editing. Same goes for editing your own writing work. Please let us know why you have the right experience/skills—or are capable of learning the right skills—to become a blog editor. Ideally you should already have a strong sense of what it takes to run a successful blog and create top-quality blog content.
- Know what it takes to create a great blog post. You know what blog readers want. You know what top-quality blog content looks like (and what it doesn’t). You have the writing and editing chops to turn every blog post into a success. You hate fluff—if it’s not vital to push the post forward, it’s on your chopping block.
- Can balance quality with productivity. It’s really hard to get a typo, grammar error or inaccurate statement past you. But you don’t waste time or get paralyzed by editorial decisions. You’ll have a lot of content to review, so you’ll need to make quick decisions and work efficiently.
- You have a growth mindset. You don’t need to know everything before you start. But you should be unafraid to jump in feet first and figure things out on the fly. You’re excited to learn new things and try your hand at new responsibilities.
- Are tech-savvy: Experience with WordPress preferred. Knowing Asana may win you some bonus points as a blog editor candidate. Neither is required. It’s more important that you’re tech-savvy and have a growth mindset so you can quickly learn any digital tool that is handed to you.
- (Preferred) Have some experience with language learning: You don’t have to be fluent, but ideally you’ve consumed enough language blogs, textbooks or courses to know what makes a language lesson effective and enjoyable to read.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.