To support our expanding tax services division, we invite applications from pro-active and dynamic individuals for the position of Assistant Tax Manager. The Assistant Tax Manager will lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services under the direct supervision of the Director, and also assist in business development, training, and mentoring our staff and will be responsible for:
- Providing tax consultancy and agency services on direct and indirect taxation
- Advising clients on tax planning and compliance
- Representing clients in tax audits, compliance checks, and investigations
- Resolving matters with Uganda Revenue Authority
- Transfer Pricing advisory services
- Preparing briefs on current tax developments and changes in tax legislation
- Qualified CPA (U), ACCA, ACA, or equivalent professional qualification
- A bachelor’ degree in Commerce, Law, Economics, or business-related disciplines
- Minimum of six years continuous tax compliance and consulting experience
- Thorough knowledge of Ugandan tax laws and practice
Our client provides audit, assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients in the sectors of financial services, manufacturing, and trading, agriculture, public sector, hospitality among others. Our client in Eastern Africa is a member of the 6th largest global network of accounting firms that serves clients in 120 countries supported by more than 48,000 professionals. We are currently recruiting self-driven individuals to join our highly motivated team that is united by our vision “for the organization, through its members, to be considered the adviser of choice to middle market leaders globally”.
We achieve this vision by adhering to our core values of Respect, integrity, teamwork, excellence, stewardship, and knowledge. we provide an environment where our team members are able to thrive to the best of their abilities. By joining our tax team, you will obtain tailored training to enhance your technical competence and be part of a team where respect for each other, collaboration across culturally diverse teams, investment in personal growth, and read-learn-share are the DNA of the organization.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria, send in your application, academic documents, and a detailed CV indicating a daytime contact telephone number through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.