We are looking for a Warehouse/ Store Assistant Office to participate in our warehouse and Stores operations and activities. The officer responsibilities include storing materials, picking, packing and scanning orders.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
Report to: Stores Manager, Chief Executive Officer, and Director.
Medequip limited is a registered company incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Uganda with our head office located at Block 29, Plot 1521 Mawanda Road, Kampala. We are a growing company with intentions of becoming the leading distributors of medical equipment, supplies and consumables in East and Central Africa. We are proud to be among the leading distributors of medical equipment, supplies and consumables in Uganda, especially imaging and radiology, critical care, surgical, and medical furniture.
Our medium-term plan for the Ugandan market is to venture more into the medical laboratory equipment and reagents while our expansion plan is to focus on African continent market.
We are dedicated to providing our clients with high-standard and quality medical equipment with dedicated, committed, and professional services support.
We are looking for a Warehouse/ Store Assistant Office to participate in our warehouse and Stores operations and activities. The officer's responsibilities include storing materials, picking, packing and scanning orders. The goal is to increase efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- You are required to undertake but are not limited to the following duties directed by the Supervising Officer.
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store) ∙ Box, wrap and pack the merchandise in accordance with relevant procedures and standards
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization ∙ Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Receive, check, record, organize, and store stock as it is received.
- Take inventories of stock and products, and ensure that they are safely and properly stored.
- Monitor inventory levels to gauge restocking needs.
- Dispatch and load goods out of the warehouse/Stores for delivery.
- Report any damaged or missing goods to Warehouse Managers or Supervisors ∙ Follow up on workplace health and safety rules when handling goods
- Embark merchandise in delivery trucks using appropriate tools
- Compile and inspect shipping-related documentation.
- Unloading incoming shipments and reviewing their contents.
- Prepare outbound shipments ahead of delivery times.
- Ensure workers' adherence to stipulated safety-related protocols.
- Carry out other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Diploma/Certificate in Stores and Warehouse Management, Logistics and Supply Chain, and any other related Courses.
- Proven working experience in warehouses will be considered an advantage ∙
- Excellent team-working skills to effectively collaborate with other members of a warehouse team
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- The ability to work effectively under limited supervision
- Good math skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule. Sometimes working after work hours, weekends, Holidays.
- Knowledge and Familiarize with Medical Equipment sales products. ∙ Physically fit
- Forklift Operation will be considered an advantage.
PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES AND CRITERIA:
- Client/Customer Awareness and Exceptional customer service skills. – exemplifying excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal Relations – recognizing the “people” aspect of issues and the need for positive relationships; producing good results through interaction with others.
- Listening Skills – attentive hearing; demonstrating understanding of what has been expressed.
- Organizing/Planning Ability – problem-solving and time management skills.
- Personal Work Ethic – meeting as well as working under deadlines; setting high standards for oneself.
- Positive attitude and a highly competitive drive
- Dedication to continual self-improvement through frequent feedback and coaching.
- In addition, to the Core Competencies identified as being required by all Medequip staff, the following competencies are also integral to the position:
- Attention to Detail – Checking for accuracy in one’s work; controlling/eliminating errors; showing concern for all areas of a task, however small.
- Analytical Skills – Collecting, comparing, and relating data from different sources; identifying issues; anticipating problems.
- Integrity – can be trusted to perform duties in a proper and honest manner.
- Computer Skills – using appropriate computer skills and knowledge, ranging from data entry to systems analysis, to achieve work goals.
- Team Skills – being able to work collaboratively with others in a participative management environment; working independently as well as working on a team.
- Written Skills - Conveying information accurately in an appropriate written format; expressing oneself effectively in writing.
Medequip is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medequip does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Medequip does not ask for money to get a job. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
How to apply,
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.