To provide coordination, support and guidance in stakeholder engagements to Project Affected Persons (PAPs) under Agriculture support services project in Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube district.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
Living Earth Uganda (LEU) a company limited by Guarantee that provides services in the areas of Natural resources and environmental management, and Social and community support that include among others livelihoods, skilling and humanitarian responses has been contracted by Total Energies EP Uganda B.V to provide agricultural support services under Tilenga Project RAPs 2-5 in the districts of Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube.
The Overall Objective of this Project is to support farmers to access and utilize good agronomical practices so as to improve their household income levels.
This project intervention builds on more than 20 years of Living Earth Uganda’s experience and presents an opportunity to engage in a wider set of challenges that will emerge as the country becomes an established Oil producing.
It is therefore against this background that LEU is seeking to recruit dynamic, energetic and result oriented individuals to fill the following positions;
Job Title: Assistant Community Liaison Officer
Reporting to: Community Liaison Officer
Location: Albertine Region (Hoima, Buliisa and Kikuube Districts)
Contract length: 12 months
Job Purpose: To provide coordination, support and guidance in stakeholder engagements to Project Affected Persons (PAPs) under Agriculture support services project in Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube district.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Participate in the scheduled community social economical baseline surveys, assessments and evaluations.
• Participate in identification of households to benefit from Agriculture Support Services project activities.
• Mobilise selected community members to effectively participate in the agreed planned project activities and monitoring daily progress.
• Observe adherence to project policies and guidelines like, child protection policy, SGBV, and others.
• Ensure that financial and asset resources (in your control) are managed and used in line with policy guidelines.
• Participate in the documentation and sharing of project learning.
• Participate in the production of daily, weekly, monthly and end of year timely and quality reports.
• Be the “ears and eyes” for the project to gather and analyse community feedback to project activities and write appropriate weekly reports to the Community Liaison Incharge.
• Preparation of work plans and budgets for the community activities
• Implementation of Community Engagement component related plans, programs and activities
• Produce reports on Stakeholder, community engagement components
• Establish linkages and collaboration with other value chain players
• Any other duties assigned to you by the Project Manager
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of communication, Environmental studies or Public relations, Development studies, Social works and Social Administration or any other related field of study.
• At least 2 years of practical experience in development and/or humanitarian sector with special emphasis on livelihood program Experience in community and stakeholder’s relationship building and management.
• Previous experience in negotiation and relationship building will be highly regarded.
• Well developed knowledge of Albertine local community cultures, ;eaders, customs and practices through prior involvement in the community and a demonstrated ability to liaise with all levels of society.
• Have a keen interest in livelihood restoration matters.
• Adhere to LEU values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
• Demonstrate leadership skills, active listening skills, initiative and personal discipline, etc.
• Great attention to detail and organization skills.
• Strong computer skills especially Excel and databases.
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
• Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
How to apply
Applicants interested in the above positions should send their applications, detailed CVs, copies mof academic certificates(certified originals to be presented at the interview and copies of the mrecent last 3 month’s pay) to: The attention of the Human Resource Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with copies to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5:00p.m, 14th October, 2022.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube locals are encouraged to apply.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.