Security Clearance Required
: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Uganda is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Asset Management Clerk.
The work schedule for this position is:Full Time, 40 hours per week
Start date : Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Under the direct supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor, the incumbent maintains inventory control of stored, procured and issued Information Technology assets under International Cooperative Administrative Support Services (ICASS), Program and non-State offices. He/she coordinates repairs of equipment as needed. He/she conducts the yearly inventory of all IT assets located at the Embassy compound, the General Services Office, Warehouse, Ambassador and Deputy Chief of Mission residences. He/she assists the Information Systems Center (ISC) and Customer Service Center during busy periods by helping to run basic updates on machines and helping to move equipment when necessary.
Download: Detailed Position Description | PD â Asset Management Clerk-Kampala
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION : Completion of secondary school is required.
EXPERIENCE: Â Minimum of one (1) year administrative experience is required.
Evaluations: (This may be tested)
LANGUAGE: Good Working Knowledge speaking/reading/writing English is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Â Must be accurate and thorough in identifying and recording United States Government property in the storerooms and workspaces throughout the Mission. Must be able to learn the types and models of equipment used at post and identify them by sight. Must have excellent computer skills, knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, internet browsers, proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and able to use hand-held scanners to inventory systems. Must be tactful with customers but be able to present a firm stand when necessary â missing property investigations for example. Communicate effectively with all members of staff working in the Embassy. Must be able to work independently with little supervision and be able to reason through complicated problems with minimal assistance. Must be able to lift 30 pounds and mobile enough to work under desks and in tight areas.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (âCertificate of Release or Discharge from Active Dutyâ), equivalent documentation, or certification. A âcertificationâ is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.