WATU is a focus-driven, customer-centric company that believes everyone deserves the opportunity to be an entrepreneur and achieve their ambitious goals in life.
As Africa’s fastest growing Asset Finance company, we see the continent’s bright and prosperous future and want to be part of making it a reality.
Our vision is to provide asset financing for motorcycles and three-wheelers to those who understand when provided with the right tools can fulfil their dreams and the needs of their families and community.
We Empower Entrepreneurs by providing the means needed to move and improve lives.
Our business is growing rapidly, and with more than 5,000 customers in Uganda, we are looking for enthusiastic and customer obsessed Asset Finance Officers in our Fort Portal and Masaka operations. We are looking for doers who are ready to roll up their sleeves and with their hard work and dedication create the impact needed in our communities.
Do you want to become a part of our ambitious and creative team of smart individuals and make a difference and you have what it takes? Then read on and apply for this exciting opportunity!
As an Asset Finance Officer you will be responsible for the sales of the products at the specific location(s) as well all Asset Finance on-boarding within the framework of the vision, policies and values of Watu.
A successful Asset Finance Officer is expected to adapt to the fast-paced culture of both the company, the market and the customers we serve.
Our customers are entrepreneurs. As a company, we are committed to aiding them in achieving their financial goals. It is imperative that the Asset Finance Officer be engaged with the community they serve and committed equally to our customer’s and company’s goals.
Locations: Fort Portal & Masaka
- Attracting clients to Watu Credit Limited Asset Finance products as well as maintaining Watu Credit service standards in serving the Company’s existing customers and expanding customer base.
- Acting as contact person at nominated sales point(s) for all incoming inquiries from potential and existing Clients in respect to Asset Finance products offered by the Company; and directing queries’ regarding the Company’s other products to head-office.
- Providing pro-active, accurate, detailed and comprehensive product presentation in respect to Client’s inquiry.
- Conducting pre-assessment of Client’s financial position and offering best suitable product configuration.
- Collecting necessary documentations, including but not limited to ID number, PIN number, passport photo, asset details; checking for documents authenticity and ensuring scanning quality; submitting all relevant information to the back office for further checking and processing.
- Issuing appropriate Loan Agreement, ensuring data entry accuracy and correctness and making sure that all essential conditions of Loan Agreement such as (but not limited to) duration, payment schedules, due amount, insurance claims in case of accidents, logbook issuance as well as legally binding consequences in case of breach of Terms and Conditions of this Agreement are fully explained to the Client and accepted by the Client.
- Advancing on customer support by conducting preventive and follow-up calls and reminders to clients to ensure adherence to payment schedules.
- Keeping Branch Manager informed by submitting activity reports and performance analysis in accordance with Company reporting procedures.
- Ensuring that all sales and marketing activities operate cost effectively, consistently and ethically within the given mandate and within the mission and values of Watu Credit Limited.
- Ensuring proper and timely loan request processing, acquiring necessary documentation and ensuring asset proper release including tracking installation, issuance of plates and asset insurance.
- Any other duty as maybe assigned by the Management.
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical power & problem solving.
- Ability to adapt quickly and work independently.
- Good PC skills.
- Fluent English, Rutooro & Luganda.
- At least 2 years experience - with previous experience in Sales/Customer-Management/Micro-finance/Asset Finance considered as advantage.
We are offering:
- Dynamic, challenging, performance focused environment.
- Multicultural, supportive and friendly team.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for training and possibilities for career growth.
- Flexibility to be posted across our expanding Uganda network of branches is required for the post.
-Please state which of the mentioned locations are you comfortable to be relocated and which local languages you are fluent with.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit Cover Letter, CV, earliest start date and salary expectation to our email firstname.lastname@example.org