As a records officer you will be required to work closely with all company staff to ensure the organisation’s existing information system provides them with the data they need to perform their duties.
Your typical duties as a records officer will generally include the following:
· Creating & maintaining company databases to ensure quick retrieval of information.
· Developing record distribution and storage policies.
· Auditing the information that is created and stored within the company.
· Analyzing your company’s information needs and developing procedures to ensure these requirements are met.
· Referring to policy & legislative requirements in order to determine the length of time company records are kept.
· Potentially overseeing the transition from paper to electronic management systems.
· Providing the necessary support to ensure the accountability, transparency and regulatory requirements of the company are met.
- Establishing new records management systems
- Developing, maintaining, verifying and evaluating existing systems
- Overseeing the switch from paper to electronic record-keeping
- Writing reports and publications
- Dealing with inquiries and requests for information from both internal and external clients
- Ensuring that financial, legal or administrative requirements and regulations are complied with
- Ensuring that data is protected
- Classifying and indexing records
- Destroying or archiving finished data/records
- Ensuring that records are easily accessible when needed
- Maintain an effective documentation and filing system through indexing, referencing and filing as may be necessary.
- · Control the file movement within the company and factory
- · Manage the duplication, scanning, etc. of documents.
- · Maintain a well-managed Library for ease of reference and retrieval of information.
- · Participate in the procurement process of office supplies, consumables, services and equipment by identifying the required consumables.
- · Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Our ideal candidate will have;
· . Familiarity with information management systems
· . Excellent IT skills
· . A bachelor’s degree in Information Security or Archives and Records Management
· . At least 4 years of experience in a similar role in information security, data and records management.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Records Officer” as the subject.