Guide Policy and Planning in the Sub-County.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
Salary scale: U4SC
Reports to: Senior Assistant Secretary
Responsible for: Assistant Agricultural Officer
• Guide Policy and Planning in the Sub-County.
• Disseminate early warning information in cropping and climate mitigation.
• Create awareness and enforcement of crop laws, regulations and standards through inspection, issuance of permits and certificates for inputs and plant products
• Guide on sustainable agricultural production/use of natural resource.
• Enforcement of standards and quality assurance of services and products.
• Management and Promotion of adaptive research and improved crop production technologies respectively.
• Build capacity of service providers/extension staff on crop production technologies and service provision.
• Maintain and regularly update farmer’s register
• Promote farmer institutional development
• Promote agribusiness services
• Regularly conduct training needs assessments and develop capacity building programs for farmers and other stakeholders
• Prepare and disseminate reports to relevant stakeholders
• An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Land Use and Management, Agribusiness, Agriculture and Rural Innovations, Agricultural Extension from recognized institution.
• Competences: Planning, Organizing and Coordinating; Coaching and mentoring; Accountability; Communication; Concern for quality and standards; and Time management
How to apply.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following posts that exist in the service of Kakumiro District Local Government.
Application forms PSC form 3 (Revised 2008) can be obtained from the following offices; Public Service Commission, District Service Commissions Country wide or downloaded from https://www.kakumiro.go.ug/jobs
Filled forms in Triplicate together with their recent passport size photographs of those who meet the stipulated requirements below must reach the office of the Secretary, District Service Commission P.O. Box 522, Kakumiro not later than 14th December 2022.
Serving officers must route their application through their Heads of Departments who should observe closing date. Application must bear the post title applied for as well as the Reference number. Only photocopies of Academic certificates and transcript fully certified by the awarding institutions as a must and NOT originals must be attached to the application.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.