Deadline of this Job:26 June 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda, Masindi, East Africa
ActionAid is an International Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the excluded people in the world to eradicate poverty by overcoming the injustices and the inequity that cause it.
ActionAid Uganda (AAU), a National Development Organization registered under the laws of Uganda and with a local Board seeks to recruit suitably qualified, self-driven, result-oriented, and competent person to fill the position of; Advocacy Inspirator - Masindi.
Job Title: Advocacy Inspirator
Reports to : Cluster Coordinator – Nebbi Cluster
Responsible for: None
Contract Period: 6 Months
Salary +Benefits : Ugx 1,300,000 Gross Monthly; Medical Insurance
Key Result Areas and Activity
1. Mobilizing young leaders (Activista) to reclaim power over the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Supporting young people to work with communities, local governments, and health workers to plan, prevent, and respond to the pandemic.
• Supporting young people to fight the misinformation by policing fake news and sharing correct information to save lives.
• Supporting young people to collect insights on how communities are responding to and coping with COVID-19.
2. Support online discussions with young people to build resilience and support the recovery of their communities from the harmful implications of the virus
• Supporting people to overcome challenges to their livelihoods, education and sexual rights, the prospect of poverty, and to counter violence in communities
3 COVID19 related accountability and advocacy initiatives completed
• Support health sector budget analysis for engagement with district authorities
4. 4 community structures, 2 local organizations, 5 youth groups, and 3 women’s rights organizations reached and have the knowledge to help them overcome COVID19 and its impact
• Support awareness raising in community structures to reach all community members such as religious leaders, local organizations, youth organizations, women s rights organizations
• University Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, or equivalent from a recognized institution; a post-graduate qualification in any of the above disciplines will be an added advantage
• At least 1-2 years of relevant working experience from a recognized institution, preferably an NGO
• Planning and Budgeting skills; Capacity building skills; Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills; Community mobilization and facilitation skills; Team player; Confidence, openness, and willingness to learn; Self-driven; Ability to work in a community setting.
Job application procedure
Applications should be strictly sent by email to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org clearly addressed to The Director Human Resource/Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid Uganda, not later than Friday 26th June 2020 by 1:00 PM. We will respond to ONLY shortlisted candidates. Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified WOMEN are especially encouraged to apply. ActionAid International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.