Vacancy title: Administrative Assistant
Jobs at: Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Deadline of this Job:14 August 2020
The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development through the Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines (Mines Department) is implementing the Mineral Wealth and Mining Infrastructure Project and Minerals Laboratories Equipping and systems Development Project.
In order to implement the above project efficiently and effectively, the Ministry seeks to recruit competent, trained and well-motivated persons to fill a number of vacancies in the Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines. The positions are on contractual basis and subject to renewal upon satisfactory performance.
Administrative Assistant (1 POSITION)
Report to: Project Administrator
Duties and responsibilities
• Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
• Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts. Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party
Person specification Qualification
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, or Secretarial or Secretariat, Development Studies, Social Sciences and Office Management from a recognized institution
• At least four (4) years of professional working experience in the Administrative field in a recognized and competitive institution.
• Competencies: Proficiency in MS Office, with exceptional knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, working knowledge of Google Documents, knowledge of office management systems and procedures, working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines, proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular), excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work, attention to detail and problem-solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, high level of ethic and integrity and customer care.
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates should submit applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of academic and other relevant documents, names and addresses of three referees to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development. Attn: Principal Human Resource Officer. Amber House, Second Floor Room, 205, Kampala Road, Opposite Workers House not later than 14th August 2020 at 5:00 pm. The detail of the Job Advertisement (The Job duties and responsibilities) for the above positions can also be obtained from the Ministry's website: www.energyandminerals.go.ug
Please NOTE: The interviews for Askari and Cleaners will be held at the Regional offices.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.