Job Title: Administrative and Program Assistant
Organization: Children’s Rights and Violence Prevention Fund (CRVPF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: CRVPF Executive Director
Children’s Rights and Violence Prevention Fund (CRVPF) is a child rights and social justice regional intermediary organization based in Uganda with a mission is to provide grants and capacity development support to community organizations operating in four countries in East Africa: Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, and Kenya. CRVPF supports community institutions that work with children, adolescent girls, boys, and their families, communities, and schools to advance rights and prevent violence, sexual abuse, and sexual exploitation of children. CRVPF uses a cluster partnership model to foster a protective and nurturing environment for healthy child and adolescent’s development. The model encourages 2-5 community organizations and local NGOs to work together in a cluster partnership using one grant to address children’s needs in a particular geographic area where children are at risk.
CRVPF provides an initial short-term Planning and Learning Grant to cluster partners. The aim is to give partners time and space to know each other’s strategies, develop closer working relationships, identify a common project area, conduct a joint situational analysis, and listen to children, adolescent girl’s boys, and families. The process will help to develop a multi-year child rights/protection proposal for CRVPF grant support. This allows for the local development of child protection environments responding systematically to specific risks and building on local assets.
CRVPF is an East African intermediary organization headed by an Executive Director and staffed by Finance, Administration, and Program Coordinators based in Kampala, Uganda, and overseen by a Board of Directors. The Administrative and Program Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports the Directors, Program Coordinators, and Finance and Administrators through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Program and Administrative assistants are responsible for confidential and time-sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Program and Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
The Program and Administrative Assistant work closely with the CRVPF Communication consultants and the Program Coordinators support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events. The Program and Administrative Assistant and should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A bachelor’s degree with experience as a communications officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The main responsibilities of the Program and Administrative Assistant is, to answer and direct phone calls, organize and schedule appointments and meetings, maintain contact lists, Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms, assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
• develop and maintain a filing system, order office supplies, book travel arrangements, provide general support to visitors provide information by answering questions and requests, prepare meeting minutes and reports, ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques, coordinate repairs to office equipment, greet and assist visitors to the office, photocopy and print out documents on behalf of other colleagues, provide polite and professional communication implement clerical duties and administrative processes and conduct data entry.
• The Program and Administrative Assistant furthermore, collaborate with the Director, Program Coordinators and Communication Consultant to develop an effective communications strategy based on our target audience. In collaboration with the Communication Consultant write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other material that communicates the organization’s mission and activities, and service.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Program and Administrative Assistant should be motivated by a passion for children’s rights and violence prevention work and a drive for continuous learning and improvement. This role requires an individual who can balance strong attention to detail and analytical skills with an engaging, consultative, relationship-focused approach to working with people in a cross-cultural context.
• Proven Program admin or assistant experience
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Proficient in MS Office and other systems
• At least seven years of experience in the field or in a related area
• College degree in secretarial science, business administration and business computing and computer
Program and assistance skills & proficiencies:
• Reporting Skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other soft wares
• Problem Solving
• Supply Management
• Inventory Control
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Office Administration Procedures
• Attention to Detail
Benefits and Compensation: CRVPF offers a competitive benefits package and a salary that is commensurate with education and related work experience. The position is a full-time one. Persons from diverse backgrounds and orientations are encouraged to apply.
How to apply.
Please send an email referring to the job title in the subject line along with a resume and one-page cover letter explaining your interest and how your skills and work experience fit the position. Please send your documents to the following email addresses:
Deadline: 10th November 2021