Reporting to the Administration Officer, the purpose of this role is to provide high quality receptionist services to MSUG main office. Reflecting our values and brand s/he will be the face of Marie Stopes as they arrive and leave.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
Reporting to the Administration Officer, the purpose of this role is to provide high quality receptionist services to MSUG main office. Reflecting our values and brand s/he will be the face of Marie Stopes as they arrive and leave. S/he will work in close collaboration with all departments and will be responsible for ensuring efficient running of the front desk, the appropriate documentation of all deliveries and out-going correspondence, effective organisation of the meeting room schedule and provision of administrative and clerical support to the Administration Office.
The Admin Assistant will be required to demonstrate MSUG’s core values of:
1. Client Centred: dedicated to our clients and work tirelessly to deliver high quality, high impact services that meet clients’ individual requirements.
2. Courageous: Have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
3. Mission Driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice, not chance.
4. Accountable: Ownership of our actions and focus on results, ensuring long term sustainability and increasing the impact of the Partnership.
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and general reproductive health services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
MS-Uganda is the Uganda branch office of MSI. In partnership with the Ministry of Health, we champion programmes that support the long-term capacity of public and private sector providers to deliver high quality FP counselling and services.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSI’s Global Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring every individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE.
This role has three key responsibilities:
1. Front office administration (Support Office)
2. Provide Administrative Assistance to the Admin team
3. Coordination of SO logistics
1.Front office administration (Support Office)
• Tidy and clean reception area with information on walls and table
• Clear and helpful telephone reception
• Management of all mail flow (courier and post) with all in and out recorded
• Receive visitors and ensure they are attended to
• Place international and official telephone calls on behalf of staff and ensure that accurate records are kept
2.Provide Administrative Assistance to the Admin team
• Control inventory relevant to the reception area.
• Receive and submit invoices for payment to the finance office.
• Supervise the kitchen area by ensuring tidiness and cleaniliness.
• Assist in organising trainings, workshops and conferences
3.Coordination of SO logistics
• Meeting room register set up and maintained on intranet
• Support meeting organization at the Kampala office
• Monitor staff availability at the office and organise catering
• Assist in the day-to-day efficient operation of the office
And any other duties assigned by the Admin office from time to time.
Knowledge skills and Attitudes
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Office Management,Development Studies or any other related discipline.
Warm and cheerful personality
Customer service orientation
Proffessional personal presentation
Demonstrated experience in a busy organisation with staff based in multiple locations
Knowledge of or ability to learn and adapt to organizational policies, systems and procedures
Ability to work with little or no supervision
A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
Highly organised and confidential
Attitude / Motivation:
Successful performance at MS-UG is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
• Effective Communication
Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
• Working Efficiently
Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
• Sharing Information
Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
• Focus on Learning
Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
Drive and determination to deliver results
Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
• Embracing Change
Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
• Team Player
Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.