We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to fill the role of Accountant and Administrative Assistant at our client who is in aviation business.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Job Title: Accounts and Administrative Assistant
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to fill the role of Accountant and Administrative Assistant at our client who is in aviation business. The successful candidate will be responsible for financial record-keeping, administrative tasks, Stock management and providing support to ensure the smooth operation of the business.
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles (GAAPs).
- Prepare budget, financial forecasts and financial statements.
- Prepare and submit economic performance reports, final accounts and monthly financial management reports.
- Ensure compliance with local tax regulations by handling tax administration, filling all tax returns, PAYE, VAT and other statutory obligations.
- Manage debt collection for the company.
- Keep the company up to date with financial policies, regulation and legislation.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices.
- Review of expenses, payroll records.
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
- Support external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing relevant information to auditors.
- Plan, assign and review work of staff under your jurisdiction.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and reviewing all relevant paperwork.
- Monitor and account for materials, equipment and stock of assets for the company.
- Document and maintain accurate financial records, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger entries to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
- Manage payroll and employee expense reimbursements.
- Reconcile bank statements and monitor cash flow.
- Assist in budgeting and financial forecasting.
- Manage inventory and stores by recording, issuing, tracking and accounting for physical assets in stores.
- Provide administrative support to the branch.
- Manage office supplies, equipment, and inventory.
- Organize and schedule meetings, appointments, and events.
- Handle incoming and outgoing communications, including email and phone calls.
- Maintain a clean and organized office environment.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or any other relevant degree from a recognized institute
- At least 2 years of working experience in a similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting, customer care and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent Computer literacy in accounting packages and Microsoft applications.
- Proven experience in accounting and finance roles.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of local tax regulations is a plus.
- A commitment to maintaining the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Willingness to adapt to new technologies and processes.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility and the ability to take on a variety of tasks to support branch operations
How to apply.
To apply, submit your application, detailed CV, and copies of Academic Documents through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.