To ensure proper Supervision and Leadership of the department by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Team: Accounting Department
Reporting Structure: Head of Business Operations
Purpose of Position
To ensure proper Supervision and Leadership of the department by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. The responsibilities will include reconciling account balances and bank statements,and maintaining policies and procedures. In addition, will have experience in supervising or managing a team.
- To oversee the accounting department
- Develop training for new employees
- Train new and existing employees
- Ensure new processes are fully understood by the team
- Develop new accounting policies as needed
- Analyzing the quality performance of your department
- Coaching employees in all departments as required
- To prepare Management Accounts and Statutory Financial Statements as per IFRS, in accordance with set procedures.
- To ensure that Financial Statements and reports are fully compliant with legal and regulatory requirements;
- To understand the internal control aspect of the business and assist clients accordingly;
- Supervise all tasks performed by the department and
- Manage accounting assistants and review their work
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Any other duties associated with the proper and professional keeping of accounting records
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 7+ years’ WORKING experience within the accounting field; and conversant with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, Sage One, Tally, and so on).
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Awareness of business trends
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Fluent in oral and written English;
- Pro-active with a team-oriented behavior;
- Able to handle pressure and prioritize to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential;
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- The position is office based (locally) but will require client visits, some travel to other office locations may be required.
- Normal working hours are 8.30 am – 5.30 pm
- Fun working environment
- Team Work
- Regular Team Building
- Competitive Salary
- 21 days annual holiday
- Medical Insurance
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO COMPLETE THE ONLINE ASSESSMENT WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.