Position Designation: Accountant
Reports to (designation): Branch Manager
Main purpose of the position:
Ensure all accounts practices are well met according to the accounting standards, and check and preparation of necessary financial reports as per management.
- Ensure that accounting practices meet statutory requirements and are in accordance with professional accounting standards
- Ensure that financial information is accurately entered into Solomon accounting package and in a timely manner;
- Maintain an updated fixed assets register that reconciles physical assets to the fixed assets module and general ledger in Solomon accounting package;
- Generate monthly and quarterly reports and statements for financial management as stipulated in the finance manual.
- Monitor utility bills and ensure payment of the same.
- Preparing monthly VAT reports
- Monitoring and Updating the URA Portal Monthly requirement like Password amendment returns acknowledgment & history etc.
- Creditor’s reconciliations against statements of accounts.
- Following up on Debit balances for creditors
- Checking and preparation of necessary financial reports as per management.
- Tight control on expenses within budget.
- Procurement of items (specific to role) as approved in line with the budget
- Good working environment with less ergonomic Risk
- Minimum academic qualification: A degree in Accounting and Finance. ⮚ Qualifications as an added advantage: CPA/ ACCA
- General work experience (years): A minimum 5 of Years
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Systems analysis and Mathematical and deductive reasoning. ∙ Critical thinking and Active learning.
- Strong communication skills.
- Time management.
- Strong work ethics and personal integrity
- Highly motivated and creative
- High energy, positive and inspiring
- Confident, self-assured, participative style