To manage the end-to-end accounting function for Silverlands East Africa Limited.
Key responsibility area (KRA) & Key performance indicator (KPI)
• Ensuring data entry into the ERP systems is up to date for all functions. Accurate and timely financial and management accounts
• Managing the cash flow for the business. Ensuring timely collection/ payment and reconciliation of receivables and payables. Accurate and timely cash flow position sent to HQ each week.
• Statutory compliance of all employment taxes, pension, and insurance returns. Timely remittance of relevant taxes and statutory deductions.
• Liaison with the revenue authority. Accurate and timely reconciliation of Silverlands ledgers with URA. Swift resolution of URA queries.
• Management accounts reporting Monthly management accounts sent to relevant stakeholders by the 8th of the following month.
• Liaison with external audit function Signed financial statements by February of the following year.
• Coordinating physical inventory count. Accurate and comprehensive reconciliation report sent to relevant stakeholders by 8th of the following month.
• Ensure that there is a proper control on Packaging materials and perform reconciliation on usage on weekly basis; Weekly reconciliation report and inventory management ensuring no shortage of packaging materials
• Liaison with company secretary on statutory filing and business registrations.
• ERP System Administration Up-to-date company registers. Up to date chart of accounts
• Filling of company documents in a secure place. Organized filing and archiving system
• Any other tasks assigned by the finance director or country manager
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- ACCA affiliate/ member or CPA
- 2 years working experience in a busy accounting function at the supervisory level
- Experience in financial reporting
- Experience in statutory compliance
Competencies & Attributes
- Analytical and planning skills
- Leadership skills and team player
- Detail oriented
- Curiosity and willingness to learn