Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit, and loss, tax liability, and other financial activities within Uganda Post Limited.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial activities within Uganda Post Limited.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Maintain accurate, up to date financial records and UPL accounting systems.
- Support the development of the unit‘s annual budgets in line with UPL policies, guidelines, and requirements.
- Plan, issue out items and maintain levels of stores, arrangement, monitored and keep up-to-date stores records.
- Analyze, monitor and reconcile financial records, in line with UPL policies, International Accounting Standards, statutory requirements and best practices.
- Attend to the needs of internal and external auditors and implement recommendations in line with Financial Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Prepare the monthly payroll in consultation with the HR Unit, print and seek approval and ensure completeness and timely submission of statutory deductions to the relevant authorities.
- Provide technical support and explain, guide budget holders in the application of budget guidelines in their annual budgeting process.
- Prepare monthly Revenue Reconciliation Reports to management, showing collections and banking per station.
- Update and maintain all stock records according to policy guidelines and verify to ensure transactions are properly recorded and data is entered into the system.
- Verify the stock balances and initiate the order process, fill a procurement request form, forward for approval.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- An honors Bachelor’s degree (Honors) in Commerce, Business Administration, Financial Management or Accounting from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Level two of Professional accounting qualification in CPA, ACCA, or CISA.
- Minimum of four (04) years working experience in accounting and finance in a reputable organization; two (02) of which MUST have been at Assistant Accountant Level.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Flexible and willing to work for long hours
- Computer literate
Interested candidates should send their application i.e. cover letter, CV, and copies of academic documents to email@example.com in one PDF document; to reach the address below no later than 31st October 2022 at 5 pm. Please put the job you are applying for as the Subject (Strictly).
The Head, Department of Human Resource and Administration
P. O. Box 7106
Note: Do Not Hand Deliver Your Application.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.