Our client in Arua seeks to recruit an accountant conversant with the Hospitality industry and Execute a set of activities including a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risks and identify opportunities through monitoring, controlling, and evaluating business performance against plan and generating insights to inform decisions.
The ideal candidate should have experience in the use of contactless payment platforms (POS), online and mobile booking platforms, Excel, QuickBooks among others, and be a fast learner.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage senior managers as well as other processes stakeholders.
- Abreast with the latest amendments in the Ugandan Tax laws to manage all accounting transactions within the company on a timely basis.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable on monthly basis.
- To receive, collect and bank daily sales from various departments.
- To ensure all workshop businesses conducted have been invoiced and payments followed up.
- To manage cost as per budget guidelines from General Manager.
- To handle and manage petty cash.
- To pay suppliers as per their invoices supplied.
- To be up to date, informed, and make payment for the hotel compliances e.g. HOTEL TAX, URA, NSSF, etc.
- To organize staff payroll and plan for timely monthly salary payments.
- To prepare monthly accounting report for management, Directors, and Board members.·
- Familiar with QuickBooks and any other relevant accounting packages like the point of sale.
The hotel is going digital and moving towards a technology-driven environment.
Ladies are highly encouraged to apply.