The Cooperative is looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets. Responsibilities for this position include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
The Cooperative is looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets. Responsibilities for this position include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, candidates should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes. The Accountant will provide the Cooperative with accurate quantitative information on the financial position, liquidity, and cash flows of the Cooperative business while ensuring compliance with all tax regulations.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements on time
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the Cooperative’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or a relevant degree
- Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
How to Apply
Applications with copies of academic documents, Salary Expectations, CV, and contact details of three work-related referees, should be submitted through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for Interviews.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.