Technical staff in charge of all accounting, bookkeeping, financial record keeping and custodian of all assets of MARANATHA Ltd
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
Job title: Accountant
Reports to: OPERATIONS
The main purpose of the job:
Technical staff in charge of all accounting, bookkeeping, financial record keeping, and custodian of all assets of MARANATHA Ltd
Ensure accurate daily balancing of accounting records, prepare monthly reconciliation statements and communicate to the stakeholders, and ensure proper adherence to MARANATHA accounting policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify financial and loan reports and give necessary advice
- Make reports and submit them to the OPERATIONS MANAGER
- Have custody of financial records
- Prepare journal vouchers derived from adjustments, memos,s and financial reports and advice by coding for posting.
- Post all checks and journal vouchers on the computer, printing transaction reports after posting and treating them accordingly
- Prepare monthly reconciliation statements between the institution and other organizations.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Avail updated financial reports on a daily, weekly, quarterly and annual basis
- Ensure that all relevant and required documentation and authorization are attached to all vouchers and that they are all in the auditable state before posting.
- Control and coordinate all relevant filing of accounting records.
- Participate in the preparation of all budgets and monitor implementation of the same.
- Track all incomes and repayment of loans.
- Is the authorized official to receive funds on behalf of the institution and deliver it to OPM
- Prepare staff payrolls and ensure prompt salary payments
- Ensure the performance of all accounting procedures to meet accepted standards.
- Advice management on acquisition of new assets, maintenance of present assets and write-off or disposal of warn assets
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Operations Manager.
- qualification of a degree in Accounting from a recognized Institution.
Additional Qualifications: ACCA, CPA, CIMA&CIB
Minimum Experience: Two years of related experience.
- Computer literacy; strong knowledge of spreadsheet/excel and MS word
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong ability to work independently Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients both internal and external
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Coaching skills
- Leadership skills and team building
- Basic management skills
- Other Qualities/Attributes
How to apply.
Interested applicants should send their application, curriculum vitae, copies of their academic credentials, and photocopy of their National ID through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.