Liquid Intelligent Technologies is a pan-African technology group with capabilities across 14 countries, primarily in Sub-Saharan Africa. Established in 2005, Liquid has firmly established itself as the leading pan-African digital infrastructure provider with an extensive network spanning over 73,000 KM. Liquid Intelligent Technologies is redefining Network, Cloud, and Cyber Security offerings through strategic partnerships with leading global players, innovative business applications, intelligent cloud services, and world-class security to the African continent. Under its new brand identity, Liquid Intelligent Technologies has eight business units, namely: Liquid Networks, Liquid Business, Liquid Sea, Liquid Cloud, Liquid Cyber Security, Liquid Home, Liquid Innovation, and Liquid Satellite.
Liquid Intelligent Technologies is now a full one-stop-shop technology group that provides tailor-made digital solutions to businesses in the public and private sectors across the continent. The Group also operates state-of-the-art data centers in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Nairobi, Harare, and Kigali, with a combined potential 19,000 square metres of rack space and 78 MW of power.
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting and maintaining access network and client Infrastructure and services.
Access Network Operations & Maintenance
• Executes fault resolution on the access networks
• Installs and rolls out access products and services – Fiber, RF/P2P, WiFi, VSATs & services
• Conducts presales survey to determine connectivity solutions bill of quantities
• Tests connectivity technology products & services against benchmarks provided by the Field Operations /Support Manager
• Updates and closes service now tickets
• Implements client end Ad-hoc projects
• Provides access networks fault resolution & new Installation reports
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
• Degree in any relevant field of Computer Science, IT, Telecommunications or Electronic engineering
• Proficiency technology certificates
• At least 2 years working experience in Telecoms /Service provider environment
• Possess strong clean and valid driving license
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS AREAS
• Good understanding of Ethernet, VLAN, Microwave, LAN, WAN & WLAN Networking technologies
• Protocols- POP3, IMAP, SMTP, VLAN, and MPLS are essential
• Strong understanding of Ethernet, Routing, VLAN, SDH, DWDM, Microwave, LAN and WAN Networking
• Strong technical and analytical skills necessary in solving network-related problems
• Very strong Communication Skills and the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to conduct research into service issues and products
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Analytical skills
• Exercises discretion and applies professional judgment, ensuring actions and decisions are proportionate and in the public interest
• Sound organizational skills
All applications should be submitted through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section by 15th October 2021.