The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The mandate of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda now invites applications from qualified Ugandans who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes to occupy the following positions in the Authority’s established structure.
Pau/Exp/021/604: Petroleum Engineers
• The Petroleum Engineer will be responsible for interpretation of data from drilling operations under Exploration and appraisal.
• He / She will be responsible for reviewing drilling plans submitted by exploration companies.
• He / She will be responsible for field monitoring of drilling operations and ensuring that the licensed companies under exploration comply with the legal framework of the country in addition to the petroleum industry best practice.
• He / She will also be responsible for receiving quality controlling of well data received from oil companies.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Reviewing drilling programmes proposed by exploration companies.
• Receive, quality controlling and interpret well data submitted by oil companies.
• Monitoring compliance of drilling activities of licensees with respect to the relevant laws, regulations and Production Sharing Agreements (PSAs).
• Monitoring compliance of oil companies to drilling and data submission requirements.
• Compile Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills And Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Engineering or related discipline from an
• internationally recognized institution
• A minimum of 3 years’ relevant working experience in the oil and gas sector, in a busy and well-organized institution.
• Supervisory skills in the field as well as in an office-based environment.
• Knowledge in well data interpretation software.
• A Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering from an internationally recognized University.
• Good knowledge of the oil and gas policies, laws, regulations and guidelines regarding petroleum exploration in Uganda
• Team working skills.
• Membership of relevant professional organizations.
Character & Competencies
• Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Proficiency in the relevant computer packages.
How to apply.
PAU will ONLY consider online applications submitted through her website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and follow the link to “Opportunities-Careers-Vacancies” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail will not be accepted.
Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org or call telephone number +256 313231500.