Educate, a fast growing, non-proﬁt social enterprise, is seeking to hire talented, passionate and self-driven and enthusiastic individuals to fill the Innovations Coordinator position, Monitoring 81 Evaluation Technology Coordinator position, and Youth Leader Contractors I16); as we move towards our vision for 2024 of reaching one million youth annually across ten countries in Sub Saharan Africa.
Educate! works to transform education in Africa to teach youth to solve poverty for themselves and their communities. Educate! provides youth with skills training in leadership, entrepreneurship and workforce readiness along with mentorship to start real businesses at school. Our model is delivered through practically» trained teachers and youth mentors. Educate!'s goal is to make this practical, skills-based model part of national education systems. In 2017 we're launching in Kenya, working in 120 secondary schools in Rwanda and 450 schools in Uganda (15% of the country) reaching over 25,000 students intensively and 360,000 more broadly. Our model was proven to have massive impact in a randomized controlled trial. Graduates earned DOUBLE the income of a control group and had a 64% increase in business creation. Our graduates change their lives and their communities, such as Lillian Aero who employs over 100 AIDS-affected women. ln 2012 Educate! partnered with Uganda's government to integrate curriculum and a student business club structure into Uganda's entrepreneurship course nationally, in Z015 we served as a technical advisor to Rwanda on their secondary education reform, and in 2016 we began serving as a technical advisor to Kenya on their national curriculum reform. Educate's team includes 130 staff and over ZOO volunteer youth mentors. We have been backed by top foundations such as MasterCard, Big Bang: Philanthropy, Mulago, Echoing Green, Ashoka and Gio al Innovation Fund. Educate! won the 2015 WISE Awards, and was featured by Bill Gates, Forbes 30 under 30, Clinton Global Initiative and The Brookings Institution as one of 14 case studies in their global scaring education learning initiative. Educate!’s Vision for 2024 is to measurably impact 1 million students and reach 4 million students more broadly across Africa each year.
What is Educate About?
We're ambitious. Are you? Educate is growing fast, so new opportunities are opening up and expanding all the time. We're inspired by people with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential. We expect everyone at Educate! to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers, and we are committed to supporting our staff members on that journey.
- We put Youth First: The youth we serve come first. Always In everything That means we wake up thinking of ways we can serve youth even better and get the highest impact out of every dollar that we spend it means Educate! doesn’t town a single vehicle, because wed rather take the bus if it means one more student can participate It means making every decision like the future depends on it -because if we get our way it does
- We Are Always Learning — When you work at Educate, educating yourself is part of your [OIJ too. We encourage every team member to ﬁnd the best book on management, share the latest article on how to coach somebody, bring in your favorite mentor or meet the researcher pushing the edge of the ﬁeld We are always thirsty for knowledge and love to share
- We Only Solve a Problem Once ~ We are allergic to band aids and short term solutions so we love the person who brings the new stem to solve the problem for good even for pro lems we haven't recognized yet
- We Are Flexible- We thrive on change — we're in fact driving it. We are growing every day, so we have to adapt quickly to meet new challenges, and our team keeps up.
- We Exceed Expectations - We assume we can achieve the impossible because we already have, year after year. We want our staff to create our own challenges, ask the toughest questions, and dream scary big!
Every person at Educate! — from Interns to the Executive Director — is evaluated by how they live up to these five cultural tenets. They are at the core of how we achieve our mission and why we work as well as we do.
Educate is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all w o interact in our community. In creating this environment, we encourage people from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences to join our diverse team.
Job Title: 16 Youth Leader Contractors
Educate! is looking for the services of Youth Leader Contractors from the following respective regions Southern Uganda - Busheny(1), lsingiro(1), lbanda (1), Kabale (1), Mbarara (2) & Ntungamo (1) Western Uganda — Kabarole(2), Kasese (2), Masindi (1) & Kyenjojo (1) and West Nile — Koboko/Vumbe (1) & Nebbi/Zombo(1)
- Sourcing & Recruitment for Short Course Training
- Conduct the Short Course Training
- Preparation of Reports on the Short Course activities. For more details on the scope of work and schedule of activities; visit us onwww.experienceeducate.org/careers/
- Diploma in a relevant field.
- Experience in training and computer literacy.
- Good interpersonal skills, Communication & Coordination Skills.
- Applicant MUST be a resident of the respective District.
- Attractive Package upon completion of deliverables and submission of reports.
Why you will Brag about working at Educate
- We've got the impact.- Educate! is designed for scale. We quadrupled operations in 2014, going from 54 to more than 200 schools served. We carefully measure our outcomes, and — here’s the best part — we are maintaining quality at four times the size.
- We believe in local leadership — 97% of our staff is African.
- Our model has gone nationwide in Uganda — Educate!'s model is now incorporated into the national curriculum and exams, impacting many thousands more students than we can reach directly.
- Educate is a well-oiled learning machine. We built our model by methodically testing hundreds of assumptions and we are constantly experimenting, evaluating, and improving.
- We're honored that luminaries and leaders like Oliver Wonekha, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US, and Ann Veneman, a former Secretary of Agriculture and head of UNICEF, believe in us enough to have joined our advisory board.
Job application procedure
- For those interested in the Contractor role please send your updated three page Curriculum Vitae Please include "Position Title-District
- Your Name‘ in the subject line. If someone referred you, please include his/her name in the subject as "Referral: Name". Deadline for submission is Friday 28thJuly 2017