Provide technical support to end users in procurement planning and implementation of planned activities.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Procurement & Disposal Unit
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself to be the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. Our belief at the Fund is that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the business and each employee is expected to take pride in being a member of the team. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of choice, providing exceptional customer service with a workforce that is well motivated and skilled, we are looking to recruit individuals with high integrity, dedication and commitment for the vacant position mentioned below.
Job Summary: The Procurement Manager –Technical Services will provide technical support to end users in procurement planning and implementation of planned activities. Shall conduct supplier appraisal, market assessment, spend analysis and produce contract management reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the end users in developing departmental procurement plan aligned to the strategy of the Fund.
- Regularly monitor the implementation of the procurement plan, provide guidance to the end users in preparation of specifications, terms of reference and scope of works.
- Carry out market research to guide end users in planning and budgeting.
- Conducts spend analysis and determine the most economical approach to reduce the cost of procurement.
- Carry out supplier performance audit and advise the Head of Procurement on the competency and capacity of the service providers.
- Update supplier database and categorize them based on their strategic value to the Fund.
- Produce consolidated contract management reports on regular basis.
- Effectively oversee the implementation of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to protect the interest of the Fund.
- Develop the capacity of the Procurement Champions allocated to departments and support them during the consolidation of micro procurement reports.
- Procure complex Supplies, works and services and ensure value for money.
- Conduct research on global procurement trends, innovations and propose how Procurement function could improve in delivery of services to its internal and external clients.
- Mentor and train end users in contract management and reporting.
- Tasked with the analysis of procurement data and presentation.
- Mentor and supervise Procurement Officers and controls quality of submissions
- Track changes in the procurement plan and update it on quarterly basis.
- Ensure compliance of the procurement laws of Uganda and internal procurement policies.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Head of Procurement.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the NSSF Procurement Manager –Technical Services job placement must hold a University degree in Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Accounting and full possession of professional qualification in Procurement (MCIPS, CISCP, NEVI etc) OR a degree in Procurement, professional qualification in procurement and principal pass in Mathematics at A-level.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field with preference in commerce related field
- At least five years of practical experience in procurement function of which three (3) years must have been at senior level.
- Business-oriented with high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Extensive knowledge of E-procurement system is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and with supervisory skills.
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent skills in computer particularly Ms. Excel and power point
- Previous experience in supplier evaluation and category management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Supervisory skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send copies of application letters, detailed CVs and academic credentials addressed to the Ag. Head of Human Resources & Administration, and delivered to the Registry on 13th Floor Workers House for registration and onward transmission.
NB: Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Deadline: 31st May 2017