Ensure regular checking-up of medical supplies in the Medical Store and alert the Pharmacy Logistics Support Advisor.
Duty Station: Uganda
VA No.: TASO-2017-HR/5
REF: REF: TS/HR/SORP-08
Reports to: Cluster Team Leader
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) is an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of Life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
About CDC Project:
TASO has received a 5-year CDC-PEPFAR Grant to implement accelerated HIV/AIDS epidemic control activities through a Health Systems Strengthening approach in Soroti Region, covering 8 districts of Soroti, Kaberamaido (Cluster 1), Katakwi, Amuria (Cluster 2), Serere, Kumi, Bukedea and Ngora (Ouster 3). In addition, TASO will be implementing accelerated HIV/AIDS epidemic control activities through a Health Systems Strengthening approach in Masaka and Kalungu districts, as a Sub-recipient under the Masaka Region Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) Consortium funded by PEPFAR through CDC.
Job Summary: The Pharmacy Logistics Support Officer is primarily responsible for the forecasting, quantification, transportation, storage and management of Medical supplies in the Cluster Area; working-closely with Medical Access Uganda Limited (MAUL), National Medical Stores (NMS), National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program (NTLP), the District Health Office and Ministry of Health. The incumbent also provides technical support to the procurement teams for procurement of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and related equipments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper operation of Medical Stores for medical supplies including placing the orders, receipt, storage and distribution to all Health Centers in the Cluster Area,
- Ensure updated records using WAOS system in accordance with relevant schedules, policies, operating procedures and instructions;
- Ensure a healthy and safe work with the right temperature, humidity and light exposure in the warehouse
- Send quality reports and/or related deviation reports
- In charge of proper recording of medical supplies which are received;
- Tasked with monitoring and reporting of compliance as guided by the standards
- Ensure regular checking-up of medical supplies in the Medical Store and alert the Pharmacy Logistics Support Advisor
- Ensure timely replenishment of all drugs is done
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the CDC Project Pharmacy Logistics Support Officer job opportunity should hold a Diploma in Pharmacy/ Dispensing. Possession of a Degree in Pharmacy will be an added advantage
- Additional training in Forecasting, Quantification and Logistics and Supply Chain management is desired
- Possession of a valid licence to practice Pharmacy in Uganda
- A minimum of two years’ experience in pharmacy services, one of which should have been in administration and management of the medical supply chain operations;
- Broad knowledge of Antiretroviral therapy and HIV/AIDS treatment guidelines
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS Office applications
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are invited to send an application letter, resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three referees. All interested Candidates MUST attach a fully filled Application Form, download here, or pick it from any TASO Centre and register in the applications book.
Note: Please firmly staple your papers together only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please forward your applications to:
The Director, Human Resource & Administration,
P.O. Box 10443, Kampala. Uganda
OR Hand deliver your application to TASO HQ level II, located at Old Mulago Hospital
Deadline: 27th May 2017 by 4:30pm