Oversee and co-ordinate all laboratory operations within the Research Institute
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Job Summary: The Laboratory Manager will oversee and co-ordinate all laboratory operations within the Research Institute so as to ensure effective support is provided to internal and external research and clinical care teams. The incumbent will ensure the continued and consistent delivery of quality, health and safety standards in line with GCLP accredited QMS so as to ensure that the laboratorys accreditation and international recognition is maintained. The position will be full time and will involving working extra hours. The post-holder will be required to work as part of the team on daily routines. The laboratory manager will be responsible for safety and for the establishment of standard operating procedures. Managerial duties will include but not necessarily be limited to scheduling of staff, ordering supplies, quality control standards, overall oversight of laboratory processes, adherence to GLP, maintaining safety standards and inventory among others.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelors degree in Biomedical Technology, Laboratory Science or equivalent
- A minimum of ten years experience working in a medical/ research laboratory with at least two years experience at a senior level
- Experience in medical/ clinical research, experiments, analysis etc.
- Knowledge of GCLPs, QMS and other relevant best practices and standards
- Experience in the use of laboratory systems
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send a cover letter and updated CV .
Deadline: 25th January, 2017