Supervising the daily cleaning of assigned rooms, bathrooms, corridor areas and public areas to the highest standards
Reporting to: Operations Director
Responsibility for others: Housekeeping staff, cleaners and laundry staff
Overall purpose of the job:
To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness are maintained throughout the hotel and to manage the housekeeping and laundry department efficiently to maintain standards and control costs.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in all
Bedrooms /corridors /function rooms /public areas are maintained:
a) Supervising the daily cleaning of assigned rooms, bathrooms, corridor areas and public areas to the highest standards. This includes changing bed linen, replacing towels, cleaning bathrooms thoroughly, vacuuming, mopping and dusting daily. Subject to levels of business the housekeeper will be expected to also service rooms.
b) Ensuring the upkeep of vacant rooms.
c) Replenishing brochures and paper goods throughout the bedrooms/hotel.
d) Maintaining an orderly storeroom and trollies.
2. To ensure customer satisfaction is maintained by:
a) Ensuring guest laundry is collected, charged and returned to the guest in a speedy and accurate fashion.
b) Ensuring guest property left behind is logged and stored in a secure location for lost property.
c) Resolving any guest problems or complaints when possible and ensuring management are kept informed.
e) Actioning any maintenance requests in order to comply with the hotel’s established quality standards and ensure guest satisfaction.
3. To set and maintain standards of service commensurate with the standing of the hotel:
a) Managing a stock control and ordering system to ensure availability of stock and cost control to maintain costs to a minimum.
b) Attending any appropriate off and on the job training courses.
c) Wearing a clean and suitable uniform and name badge at all times.
d) Implementing the hotel’s good customer relations policy, including politely addressing guests and colleagues at all times
4. To ensure the department is operated within the Legal Framework by:
a) Immediately reporting and documenting to management any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures.
5. Carrying out any other duties as may be reasonably required by management
6. Required to establish weekly work schedules for staff
7.Required to continuously monitor the job status throughout the day.
8.Required to follow a work schedule to ensure work done every day on time.
Skills and competencies
- Experienced supervisor with experience of 3-5 years at a hotel or apartment complex.
- Ability to work on own initiative etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and resolve problems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Committed to providing
- exceptional customer service.
- Ability to motivate a team.
- Physically fit – the role requires medium to heavy lifting and some step ladder/ladder work
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent written and spoken English