Uganda Clays Limited is Uganda’s leading manufacturer of quality clay baked construction products since 1950 and is listed on Uganda’s Securities Exchange. The head offices are located at 14Km on Entebbe Road, with a factory situated at Kamonkoli in Eastern Uganda and another at Mbarara Sales Outlet.
Job Summary: The Wheel Loader Operator must be skilled in operating a front end wheel loader equipped with front mounted hydraulically powered bucket to move bulk material while adhering to safety policies and procedures. The wheel loader operator will operate the wheel loader while supporting quarry and general factory operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect clay from the clay bank (and Kaolin from the Kaolin bank) in sufficient quantities to keep the box feeders loaded with good quality aged clay.
- Load clay [and Kaolin] into the box feeders, ensuring that boxes are not damaged or over-filled and minimising spillage.
- Assist the quarrying team in organising newly dug clay into the correct conical shape.
- Move other items e.g. broken tiles or dry recycled clay as requested by the supervisor.
- Tasked with cleaning and routine maintenance of the wheel loader.
- Perform a basic equipment inspection to ensure that the equipment functions properly.
- Observe the operation of the equipment to detect machine malfunction.
- Work according to Uganda Clay’s Quality and Safety procedures at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Uganda Clays Limited (UCL) Wheel Loader Operator must hold an O’ Level certificate of education.
- A valid driving permit class ”G’.
- Previous industrial front end loader operating experience preferred of at least three (3) years.
- Training in mechanics is an advantage
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs, copies of certificates/ testimonials and addresses of three (3) referees plus day-time telephone contact to the address below:
Head of Human Resources and Support Services,
Uganda Clays Limited,
P.O. Box 3188 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 19th November 2018