The MSF Regional Office in Dubai is currently recruiting a Web Editor to be responsible for the content management of the MSF UAE/Middle East (ME) website in Arabic and English. **
The office consists of 3 departments, communications, fundraising and administration, and acts as a regional support base for MSF logistics, operations and recruitment.
If you have expertise in website content management and are excited by the prospect of sharing information about MSF to the Middle East region and would like to work for an international medical humanitarian charity, this is the role for you.
Kindly note ONLY applicants with FLUENCY IN BOTH ARABIC AND ENGLISH will be considered.
· Working as part of the MSF UAE Communication Team, the Web editor will be responsible for planning, creating, editing and publishing information on the MSF UAE website (www.msf-me.org)
· This position reports directly to the MSF UAE Digital Communications Manager.
· Within MSF UAE, this position collaborates primarily with the Digital Marketing Manager in the Fundraising team as well as overall MSF UAE communications team.
· Outside MSF, the position works with the relevant service providers, including the technical management of the website.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Web content management
· Audit and analyze the current content of the website and provide recommendations and actions to optimize the content
· Proofread and edit existing content
· Plan, produce and publish new content in a creative way and in alignment with MSF branding
· Liaise with relevant colleagues to update msf-me.org daily and upon requests
· Work closely with the digital communications manager and the digital marketing manager to ensure that content is optimized in terms of its link with MSF UAE social media platforms as well as SEO best practices
· Ensure that all web content is accurate, relevant, updated and meets MSF brand guidelines
· Research, adapt and integrate non written content (images, videos, graphics and artwork) and oversee their layout in a way that appeals to the audience
· Upon request, create web-pages and mini websites for specific projects with the support of the technical provider
· Put in place a content tracking system that captures website activity, offers analysis on positive and negative trends and propose possible improvements
· Monitor and share regularly updates (frequency and format to be determined with Digital Communications Manager) on website performance and content popularity
Back up and collaboration
· Identify and capitalize on MSF movement knowledge and good practices regarding website content management as necessary
· Participate in MSF movement-wide collaborative initiatives, including regular calls and meetings with regional and international digital colleagues
· Serve as back up when needed to MSF UAE Digital Communications Manager
· Provide support when needed to the Arabic website managed by MSF International
Essential Skills and Experience
· Fluency in Arabic and in English mandatory –
· Excellent writing and editing skills, with an understanding of the special requirements of writing for the Web. For example, transform complex language into engaging and easily readable web content; the use of keywords; hyperlinks; navigation and the importance of brevity etc.
· Proven Website content management experience using Content Management System (CMS)
· A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Demonstrated proficiency with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google web tools
· Experience with design programs including Abode Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop is considered an asset
· Strong team spirit - Flexible attitude with proven experience working both independently and in a small team
· Excellent communication skills
· Outstanding proven time management and organizational skills