Terms of Reference
CONTRACT TITLE: Training on Project Cycle Management (PCM)
NATURE OF THE CONTRACT:Consultancy**
Duration:12 working days
Trócaire is an Irish development agency that was established in 1973 by the Catholic Bishops of Ireland. Trócaire’s whose work is inspired by Catholic Social teachings, with an overarching commitment to social justice. Trócaire works in 11 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East, working through local partner organizations to deliver programs on issues relating to: Accountable Governance and Human Rights; Natural Resource Use and Resource Rights; Women’s Empowerment; and Humanitarian Preparedness and Response.
Introduction to Trocaire Kenya Programmes
Trócaire has been working in Kenya for over 30 years and established an office in Nairobi in 1994. We collaborate with over 20 local NGOs to deliver our Country Strategic Plan, which focuses on:
1) Accountable Governance: Public participation, social accountability and civil society space;
2) Resilient Livelihoods: Agricultural production, agricultural markets, livelihoods diversification, financial inclusion, regenerative natural resource management, community managed disaster risk reduction in ASALs, specifically Turkana, and Upper Eastern (Embu, Kitui, Tharaka Nithi)
3) Natural Resource Rights: Land and natural resource rights in the context of oil and gas industry in Turkana
4) Women’s Empowerment and Prevention of Violence Against Women and Girls: Personal empowerment, economic empowerment, attitude and behavior change, access to essential services, focused on adolescent girls and young women in slum settlements in Nairobi and Nakuru
5) Humanitarian preparedness and response: Emergency drought response in ASAL Counties
Purpose of the consultancy assignment
The objective of the consultancy is to deliver a comprehensive PCM training for Trocaire Kenya staff and partners.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
The consultancy will consist of the following tasks:
- Conducting a training needs assessment
- Adjusting the existing training curricula for the target audience
- Preparation of training modules (including handouts/handbooks for participants)
- Delivering trainings (prepare and compile training pack for participants, including all relevant supporting materials ; agenda, presentations, handouts, group exercises, exercises for individual work, reference materials, evaluation forms, etc.)
- Reporting (Upon the completion of the training delivery, the trainer will prepare a final report that will include, but will not be limited to: training goals and results achieved number of trainees, analysis of pre and after training knowledge, lessons learned and recommendations)
Qualifications of the Successful Consultants
Trócaire Kenya seeks to engage the services of qualified and experienced consultant(s)/consultancy firm to lead on this training. The consultant(s)/consultancy firm must have the following qualifications and experience:
● The lead consultant(s) must be qualified to at least a Master’s degree level.
● The lead consultant(s) must have at least 10 years’ experience in project management in the development sector
● Practical knowledge and experience in developing training curriculum and facilitating training workshops
● Demonstrated ability to write high quality, clear, concise reports in English.
● Sound interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Duties and Responsibilities
· Deliver the assignment in accordance with the TOR and contract
· Provide and ensure access to all required documentation for purposes of this assignment
· Ensure logistical requirements for field-based work are provided for the consultancy team (where needed)
Timeline and Contract Details
Time for consultancy shall be approximately 12 working days from end of September to Mid – October 2018The consultant shall pay the taxes, levies and other impositions levied under the applicable law and Trócaire will deduct such taxes as may be lawfully required (ie. withholding tax).Trócaire contract procedures and standards shall apply before, during and after the completion of the assignment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Trócaire invites interested individuals and companies to submit the following application documents:
● A Brief Expression of interest outlining how the consultant(s) meets the selection criteria and their understanding of the ToR and methodology.
● Technical Proposal, not more than 7 pages outlining the approach and methodologies, complete with a proposed activities schedule/work plan with time frame.
● Financial proposal detailing consultant(s) itemized fees should be annexed on the technical proposals
● Names and CVs of individuals or team members proposed and their roles in the achievement of the assignment
● 3 professional referees (previous clients) and sample reports of similar assignments taken in the recent past
· 3 examples of similar pieces of work completed within the past two years
· Work references - contact details (e-mail addresses) of referees (firms for whom you’ve produced similar assignments);
· Sample of similar assignment previously delivered by your company but from the people named on the bid.
The proposal shall be sent, in soft copy, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Training on Project Cycle Management” as the subject heading no later than 24th August 2018.