Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Membership & Communications Consultant for Uganda Solar Energy Association (USEA).
2.0 REPORTS TO:
The Communications Consultant will report to the USEA CEO.
The M&C consultant supervises volunteers/interns
3 Months with possibility of extension based on performance.
6.0 COMMUNICATIONS DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Program Communications for advocacy and awareness
The M&C consultant will work closely with the sector to ensure that relevant program materials such as Human Interest Stories, donor reports, proposals, factsheets, info graphs etc. are developed and disseminated to donors and target groups through relevant media and network channels. The Communications Consultant will assist other USEA consultants in the proposal development stage to identify appropriate communication activities for the projects.
2. Media Relations
Develop and maintain contact information, materials and relationships with journalists and media outlets (print, TV, radio, web etc.) within and outside to increase coverage of Solar issues in the media (print, broadcast and digital). Specific activities may include:
TORs Membership & Communications Consultant. USEA 2019 ©
• Draft and edit articles, press releases, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials.
• Collaborate with the media by organizing project site visits, facilitate photo coverage and TV footage and utilizing both web-based and traditional media as appropriate.
• Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials. Maintain a library of media coverage, clippings etc.
3. Digital Communications/Social media
Maintain USEA’s country website and social media sites (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) such as daily monitoring, posting and content development.
4. USEA Brand and Communications
Ensure timely and quality production of advocacy and branding materials such as periodicals, annual and donor reports, supplements, newsletters, calendars, briefing notes, Human Interest Stories, picture stories, videos, etc. The Communications Consultant will develop and archive communication materials, including digital, such as publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc.
5. Donor Relations
Develop and maintain an updated list of USEA donors and special interest groups. Assist in developing donor visit schedules/brochures, donor gifts and cards etc. Support preparation of background materials, briefs and information kits for visiting donors and high profile guests/visitors. The task includes travel planning, logistics and administrative arrangements.
Assist in organizing and generating public support for special events and campaigns to promote strategic Solar goals. Support organization of workshops, seminars, campaigns, events and project review meetings including agendas and meeting minutes.
7. Monitoring and evaluation
Monitor and evaluate impact of communication materials and advocacy events/campaigns to target audiences.
7.0 Working relationships
The Communications Consultant will have to work closely with all USEA program consultants on a daily basis. He/She will maintain close interaction with communications and program staff of the USEA network, and with entities associated with communications and Solar work within and outside the government, including the local media and Solar partners.
8. Values and Ethics
The candidate should have high level of integrity, accountability, and punctuality and be willing to work beyond normal working hours. He/she should also demonstrate and be exemplary in portraying USEA values and ethics. He/she should be a good team player.
TORs Membership & Communications Consultant.
8.0 MEMBERSHIP DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Runs the membership recruitment and services functions of the association
2. Ensures that membership databases are developed and updated regularly
3. Takes charge of developing and maintaining member/client care, quality service delivery and client relationships;
4. To act as the first point of contact for all members and prospective members, taking enquiries via multiple communication channels, providing a high level of customer service, and updating the database accordingly.
5. To manage the approval of membership applications, new member communications, member benefit administration and renewal process according to policy and update member records accordingly.
6. To assist in the creation and development of membership and marketing material e.g. letters, new member welcome packs, newsletters, e-communications, member questionnaires and brochures.
7. Create and manage a membership system (customer relationship system) that is sustainable and user friendly and can be used by other staff for membership follow-up.
8. To manage and develop membership events, attend events, both internally and externally to promote the USEA and its membership opportunities.
9. Responsible for information gathering, effective communication, corporate image, ICT functions of the association
10. Promote the association’s corporate image among members and other stakeholders.
11. Responsible for all information exchange, media and public relations, image building activities of the association
12. Ensures that all members and other stakeholders get relevant information and feedback is got and appropriate responses given.
13. Work in conjunction with volunteers/interns to target new members, maintain the system and maintain overall positive image of USEA.
9.0 MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in communications, social work, journalism, public relations, ICT or a related field. A Master’s Degree in communications will be an added advantage.
2. Experience: At least five years of similar work experience is required. Candidate should be able to work independently – with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisors. Demonstrated and extensive social media experience is an added advantage.
3. Skills: Excellent written and oral English communication skills and proficiency in English are required. Knowledge of other languages/dialects is an asset. He/she should have advanced working knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, CRMs and Publisher). Candidates with basic design and layout skills and adept in using Adobe Photoshop and PageMaker are an added advantage. Demonstrated and extensive social media experience is an added advantage.
Applications should be submited to the following email: email@example.com