We are Population Services International (PSI) Uganda, a branch office of the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to assess and provide assurance on the efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls, investigate stakeholder concerns and provide additional review and consultancy services to help the organization achieve its objectives and bring a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
• Conduct internal audits in accordance with the annual risk-based plan; communicate findings and recommendations to management through the Supervisor.
• Conduct internal audit investigations and special reviews of processes and systems as assigned by Supervisor.
• Track the implementation of agreed internal audit (including Global Internal Audit) recommendations with senior management, department managers and staff.
• Assist the internal Audit department in identifying and evaluating the organization’s risk areas and coordinate the review of the risk register.
• Carry out scheduled as well as impromptu/spot check audits as and when deemed necessary; prepare reports for discussion with supervisor.
• Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor and/or management from time to time.
• Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
• Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors Uganda is desirable.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in internal and external audit, finance, risk management in a reputable NGO, commercial organization or institution.
Key personal competences
• Good communication skills with the ability to interact across all levels of staff and across all business units
• Clear and concise oral and written communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
• Capable of working independently and in a team environment
• Ability to travel nationally 80% of time.
Job application procedure
Please deliver your resume (CV), copies of certificates, references, and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope”, to the PSI Uganda Office Reception, addressed to the People and Culture
Manager, PSI Uganda, at UAP Nakawa Business Park, Plot 3-5 New Port Bell Road,
Block B, 6th floor, P.O. Box 8082 Kampala.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 5:00 pm or 17:00 hours (East African time) on
Monday 18th March 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.