Closing date: 31 Mar 2019
Chemonics seeks a reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) technical advisor for the anticipated USAID/Uganda Social and Behavior Change for Transformation (SBC4T) activity based in Kampala, Uganda. SBC4T’s purpose is to improve the ability of individuals, households, and communities to adopt priority behaviors through social and behavior change and, in turn, to facilitate the transformation of households, communities, and systems for improved health and development outcomes. The RMNCAH technical advisor will focus on improving RMNCAH behaviors, particularly through social and behavior change methods, ensuring that best-practices are being used and that project activities’ technical approaches are sound. In partnership with other technical advisors, the RMNCAH technical advisor will provide global leadership in RMNCAH and participate in key technical meetings or international conferences. The RMNCAH technical advisor will also provide routine supportive supervision to country teams, identify issues and risks related to project implementation, and make appropriate program adjustments. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, medicine, business administration, international development, or a related field required
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience managing RMNCAH or integrated health programs; experience with social and behavior change programming preferred
- Experience managing USAID or other donor-funded development programs preferred
- Experience managing large teams and programs to achieve results preferred
- Strong ability to collaborate and build partnerships with Ugandan government ministries and representatives
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage large budgets
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Ugandan languages preferred
Please apply through https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/uganda_sbc4t_application. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.