RECRUITMENT AT VIVA COLLEGE SCHOOL: TEACHERS REQUIRED FOR SCIENCE, PRACTICAL AND ARTS SUBJECTS
Viva College School, based in Jinja on Mwiri Hill with a spectacular view of the mighty Lake Victoria, is an exciting and forward-looking learning institution that embraces holistic education. If you are an outstanding teacher who can work in a child-centred environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills through Continuous Professional Development we would love to hear from you!
Our motto ‘Great Minds Shape the World’ is alive in everything we do in our school. We encourage practical project activities and co-curricular opportunities as well as outstanding academic participation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed, creative and dynamic practitioner who are qualified teachers to join VIVA College.
The applicants must have the following qualifications:
· A recognised Teaching qualification
· Computer literacy skills.
· Entrepreneurship skills.
· Preferred at least 2- 3 years’ experience obtained from a recognized school.
· Two references: one from the current or latest employer and another from a professional colleague.
As a secondary school teacher, you will need to:
· Highlight your subject(s) area(s) of strength: Science or Arts subjects, including practical subjects
· Those who can teach more than one subject stand an advantage
· Prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes in “O” and / or “A” Level delivering the UNEB currciulum
· Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of students' progress and development
· Research new topic areas, maintain up-to-date subject knowledge, and align to current and new curriculum materials
· Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including interactive whiteboards
· Prepare students for assessment of external examinations
· Manage student behavior in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior
· Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of class tutor, and supporting students on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
· Communicate with parents and carers over students' progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents' visitation and consultations and whole-school training events
· Liaise with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists among others
· Participate in and organiseco-curricular activities, such as clubs, sports, projects, outings, social activities and events
· Undergo regular observations and participate in regular in-service training as part of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
· Highly performing teachers may be promoted into leadership, mentoring and management roles. Management roles in particular attract salary
About VIVA College:
Since opening in 2016, VIVA College has gone from strength to strength. We are among the schools of choice in the Region and in the Country. Our ambition and aspiration is to ensure that we continue to focus on the success of all of our students, irrespective of their background, in a holistic and child-centred way.
Why work at VIVA College?
The school's culture of aspiration and ambition is clearly demonstrated in classes. Teachers are aspirational for their students and set high expectations for them. Students respond positively. They are determined to do their best and are confident about meeting ambitious targets set by their teachers.
The selected candidates will be well supported with an excellent induction programme coupled with a dynamic working environment. There are opportunities for additional responsibilities for the right candidates with an extra allowance.
It is part of our ethos to "Aspire, Discover and Achieve" supported by our teachers who are recognized and praised. We foster a harmonious community with excellent relationships between students and staff, and our students are focused with a mature attitude towards their academic studies.Students' conduct around the school is exemplary and the school is a calm and orderly environment. We are a student-centred school.
VIVA College aims to create outstanding learners, as we train students to be resilient and resourceful. These crucial skills underpin an enterprising attitude to learning and have already had significant impact on our students' progress. In order to equip our students with the skills required to be confident and eloquent writers, readers and speakers, we emphasize student-centred approaches at the heart of our curriculum.
As a member of the VIVA College school we offer:
· Excellent professional development opportunities.
· Competitive Salary and limited staff guest houses
· A friendly and supportive working environment.
· Excellent learning resources.
We are looking to appoint in January 2019 1st Term Full time Teachers of a variety of Science and Arts Subjects, to join our dedicated and successful team members who are committed to delivering a stimulating curriculum and maximizing the potential of all learners through outstanding learning and facilitation across O’ and A’ Levels. Candidates should be passionate about teaching, with excellent subject knowledge and be committed to ensuring success for all.In return for your passion for excellence, determination to achieve outstanding results and willingness to contribute to the ethos of the school, we will offer you the opportunity to practice in a collaborative environment where expectations are high and career development is encouraged.
VIVA College is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.Teachers will be well-organizedto monitor, assess, record and report the students’academic progress.
Teachers must keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, methods and national curriculum objectives. You will liaise and network with other professionals, parents and careers, both informally and formally.
Closing date: 16th January 2019
Interviews may be held at any stage after applications are received, therefore, interested candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified deadline, if the suitable candidates are found.
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above qualification should submit their applications with relevant academic documents, not later than 16th January 2019 to