Deadline of this Job: 29th June 2019
Date Posted: 8th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
One Acre Fund (OAF) is an International NGO that supports smallholder farmers to increase their harvests and thus increase their incomes with a strong footprint in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania. In these countries our 3,000+ strong staff serves over 200,000 smallholding farmers and helps them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty. To do this, One Acre Fund provides farmers with high-quality inputs like seed and fertilizer, financing, and training.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Database backups and security
• Create and maintain security policies for developers connecting to SQL server.
• Monitor and test automated backups, ensure offsite storage, and perform consistency checks.
• Evaluate server performance and make recommendations for improvements to the server administrator
• Maintain and test disaster recovery and emergency failover procedures.
• Database architecture ownership and performance tuning
• Make recommendations on the database schema to meet business objectives
• Make recommendations on database structure to conserve space and ensure sustainable storage requirements
• Monitor indexes and query execution plans and suggest improvements
• Implement archiving strategies
• Communicate with our developers and field operations team
• Act as gatekeeper for direct data manipulation/cleaning requests.
• Create scripts for setting up a test environment with production data for developers.
• Create and maintain a training environment tailored to different country program needs.
• Assist with database architecture changes and staging data migrations.
• Maintain and improve field location database maintenance scripts.
• Monitor field location database performance.
• Monitor replication performance.
• Assist local IT staff with troubleshooting in case of connectivity problems with the database.
• Our IT needs keep growing and the SQL Server Administrator may be asked to help out in other areas occasionally.
Job Experience Requirements: Five years
Job application procedure
All candidates should submit an updated Resume/CV, not exceeding more than 1-2 pages, which includes, Education, Work Experience, Specialized/Technical Skills, Achievements/Awards and any other Experience (Volunteering, Extracurriculars, etc). References do not need to be included, and will only be required upon request, after the final interviewClick Here