Location: Boutique-Hotel at Lake Bunyonyi – Kigezi Region – Western Uganda
- For a distinguished hotel/restaurant, we are looking for a sous-Chef.
- You are responsible for drafting the day’s specials and you help to lead the team.
- The restaurant is working with a wide international menu, with Indian, Italian and Belgian influences.
- We are looking for someone who can help raise the existing menu to a higher level.
- You cook on the warm side, you are the key figure for all main dishes, hot preparations, sauces, etc.
- You ensure a streamlined effect with the chef de parties’, kitchen aids and dishwashers during your service.
- You also ensure that the safety and health regulations in the kitchen are strictly respected.
- Experience as a manager
- Experience as a sous-chef
- Well-groomed appearance and presentable
- Having an eye for HACCP standards and compliance
- Flexible – you can work and service coupe without any utilities
- Motivated, real hospitality go-getter
- Speak and write perfect English
- You arrive in a distinguished hotel/restaurant with Belgian/Ugandan management
- An interesting salary in accordance with experience
- NSSF and PAYE tax clearance
- Benefit from housing and basic health care
- You will work following season occupancy, within a variable timetable with service coupe and weekend work and in collaboration with executive chef
- After a successful interim period, you will receive a permanent contract
Interested? Send your application to email@example.com
Please include a full CV with recommendations
Certified health report from a medical authority